Fat yet again

Options
5 years ago I became extremely motivated after my 2nd child. I lost 40 pounds and kept it off. Then, my typical habits crept up and I not only gained the 40 I lost I gained an additional 30 pounds on top of that. My self esteem and motivation is in the pits. My husband and I have no physical relationship and I believe it has everything to do with my physical look.
I recently met a really good friend who had the same challenges and we both needed a push. We are now slowly starting this journey together and I know from my past that encouragement makes all the difference. I hope this site provides that for me.

Replies

• sweetsarahb4
    sweetsarahb4 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I here you. Life is so tough and food is so good. I lost almost 100 lbs and it is all back on again but about 10 of it. I struggle with self esteem every day. The motivation is lacking and I remember it being so easy before.

Best wishes and keep your chin up!! Do you have a group? I'm looking to add to one. New at this all over again.

-Sarah
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    They've come out with statements about how fitbit is for entertainment purposes and not so much for accurate calorie counting. I would stop it from linking to MFP and just manually enter any actual workouts. That fitbit number covers a lot of what MFP already has calculated.

To put into perspective, the following activities burn about 2500 calories for a 200lb male:
    running a full 26.2 mile marathon
    a 5-hour strenuous hike
    4 hours of playing professional soccer, football or basketball
    2 1/2 hours of rock climbing
    2 hours of uphill cross-country skiing

• dani_1977
    dani_1977 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Been there done that. Lost 60lbs, gained every pound back. Then I spent 3 years losing and gaining the same 15 lbs.

Went the same with mu husband, although he never said it was my weight. I felt like crap, and had no self confidence so ultimately it effected our relationship.

But we have been working on our relationship and I have been working on myself. And working on losing the weight, regaining some confidence and then keeping the weight off.

Feel free to friend me. The more support you have here, the better.