weight loss plateau

Options
For the past 3 months I have been bouncing up and down in a 5 pound range. I also keep my measurements since I know weight isn't everything, but that only changes an inch or less here and there. I track my food faithfully, my exercise is routine is Mon, Wed, and Fri 45 minutes on a gym machine doing intervals, Tues and Fri I do core or weights. Monday night I have a Zumba class and Weds I do line dancing. I try to exercise on the weekend, but it is not consistent.
I have been trying to keep my sugar under control and last month I gave up wine.
I work my heart out and deny myself all the time. I am on the verge of giving up. Any advice?

Replies

• LEdmonds2016
    LEdmonds2016 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Have you tried adjusting your caloric intake?
  • jaimydude
    jaimydude Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You don't seem to log on weekends. Maybe you're going over on those days? Apart from that my only other guess would be that you're intake is more than you think it is. I would start with those two areas.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    kztgsutx65ne.jpg
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    katjane720 wrote: »
    For the past 3 months I have been bouncing up and down in a 5 pound range. I also keep my measurements since I know weight isn't everything, but that only changes an inch or less here and there. I track my food faithfully, my exercise is routine is Mon, Wed, and Fri 45 minutes on a gym machine doing intervals, Tues and Fri I do core or weights. Monday night I have a Zumba class and Weds I do line dancing. I try to exercise on the weekend, but it is not consistent.
    I have been trying to keep my sugar under control and last month I gave up wine.
    I work my heart out and deny myself all the time. I am on the verge of giving up. Any advice?

I went back through your diary for 30 days. What happens on the days that you aren't logging or are only logging until dinner? Putting aside the inaccuracies of weight vs. measure (which is definitely something you shouldn't ignore entirely), you have 6 days unlogged and 2 days that seem only partially logged. If those are days where you're going over your calorie goal significantly, they could be undoing your deficit.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, your weightloss rate drops. Do not give up.
    Exercise is good for you, but not essential to weightloss.
    Tighten up your logging. Weigh everything, and log the amount you eat, after you've controlled the database entry against the food label, producer's website or USDA website.
    Do not deny yourself. Enjoy yourself sensibly and responsibly.
    Do not worry about sugar unless a real medical reason and instructed by your doctor.
    You can drink some wine if you stick to your calories.
    If you find it hard to stick to your calorie goal, because you find yourself hungry a lot, look at your diet composition. Go to "Daily Nutrition Goals" and switch around fat and protein percentages. You can lower carbs a bit, and increase fat. Then aim to have balanced meals every day, eat regularly, and hit your daily goal consistently. You would have to replace some of the sugary cereals, bars, crackers, cookies, candy, with things like oatmeal, potatoes, meat, fish, full fat milk and cheese, butter, and more vegetables. But if you're happy with how you feel - mood, energy and satiety - just log more accurately, and be patient.
  • katjane720
    katjane720 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    thanks all I think I am going to try to be more diligent in logging and see if that helps