6 months at crossfit and transformation

Options
MaryYoungmark
MaryYoungmark Posts: 66 Member
edited October 2017 in Success Stories
I've struggled with my weight and staying active my whole entire life. In January 2017 I weighed in at 310 pounds and was lazier than ever. I found myself extremely depressed!!! But when I saw that 310 pop up on the scale at the doctor I thought right there and then "this is it, this is the day I will change my life and create health and happiness" and I did! I'm officially down 90 pounds. I joined crossfit when I 270 pounds. Being obese in a gym full of people who are very fit was very intimidating at first but they welcomed me right in and cheered me on. Crossfit workouts are very intense but the awesome thing about them is they are scalable to anybody at any fitness level. The value of a crossfit gym is so incredibly high. The community is extremely supportive and motivating and becomes like a family. The workouts are fun and challenging and different every day. I'm doing exercises I never dreamed I'd be able to do. If you're considering joining a gym I'd definitely recommend checking some boxes out to see if it's right for you!

[post edited by Moderator]

This photo is from when I started crossfit in April 2017 and was 270 lbs to now 220 lbs.... I started at 310

oad7g82g1ueo.jpg

Replies

• emilyvictoria7
    emilyvictoria7 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!! Congratulations girl, this is fantastic progress. You're one of many folks I've seen who have had great success with crossfit - I've really been considering it! Keep it up :smile:
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Great work!
  • maderarsm
    maderarsm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • MaryYoungmark
    Options
    Thanks y'all!
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Awesome transformation!! Way to go!
  • cinz79
    cinz79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration. This is why I love crossfit so much. Keep going strong!
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely incredible! Such an inspiration
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I'm getting ready right now to go to my crossfit class. I started 3 years ago, down 6 pant sizes. Best decision I ever made was starting crossfit
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! You are doing amazing. Second of all, thank you for posting your crossfit experience. I have been thinking a lot about crossfit lately. It is something that I am very interested in, but I was wondering if would need to build up to a certain strength level before I join. You now have me seriously thinking about it again.
  • MikeinNOLA
    MikeinNOLA Posts: 91 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    First of all, CONGRATULATIONS! You are doing amazing. Second of all, thank you for posting your crossfit experience. I have been thinking a lot about crossfit lately. It is something that I am very interested in, but I was wondering if would need to build up to a certain strength level before I join. You now have me seriously thinking about it again.

@MaryYoungmark you're killing it, keep up the good work!

@magster4isu Do it!! You don't need to build up to any strength or endurance level! CrossFit is infinitely scalable for any fitness level. Go drop by a few of your local boxes and find your new fitness community!

• nicolega2001
    nicolega2001 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I always assumed you had to be pretty fit in the first place to do Crossfit. Thanks for teaching me something new.
  • diggswood
    diggswood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow what an inspiration! You look terrific! And you look strong.
  • cbrealtor55
    cbrealtor55 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! I am down a little over 100 lbs in a little less than 2yrs of Crossfit. Nothing like the Crossfit community!!! Happy for you!!
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Keep up the GREAT work!
  • canarysal
    canarysal Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Great achievement. I've found exercise so much easier as the weights come off. By the way, what is crossfit? Not sure if we have in UK. I just do Les Mills classes plus spinning.
  • cbrealtor55
    cbrealtor55 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Yes you have it in UK. https://youtu.be/tzD9BkXGJ1M
  • MaryYoungmark
    Options
    canarysal wrote: »
    Great achievement. I've found exercise so much easier as the weights come off. By the way, what is crossfit? Not sure if we have in UK. I just do Les Mills classes plus spinning.

You definitely have crossfit in the U.K.! Crossfit is a high intensity fitness program that includes moves from many different types of sports and exercises. Weightlifting, gymnastics, rowing, running, etc... it's all about functional fitness. It's fun and challenging and one of my very favorite parts about it is the community of people.
  • MaryYoungmark
    Options
    Awesome job! I am down a little over 100 lbs in a little less than 2yrs of Crossfit. Nothing like the Crossfit community!!! Happy for you!!

Awesome! Congrats on your progress!
  • MaryYoungmark
    Options

Definitely try it out and see if it's for you! It's so worth it!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Just finished a session and was feeling kind of down until I read your post. Not because it wasn't fun and hard work but because I wasn't graceful like the ninja warriors on TV. Thank you for reminding me that I am at the gym to "change my life and create health and happiness". No one but me cares about my red face and giggly bits. P.S. You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!