Looking for friends that are on Vegan Diet

Options
I’m realizing that my body works better if I cut down on the fat meat and get back down to just veggies and fruit maybe fish every once in a while but I can’t handle meat the way I used to. My stomach stay bloated I lost all kinds of weight but I’m completely plateaued and I didn’t start losing again until I switched to just veggies and fruit. I’m looking for a few people not afraid to show their diary so I can learn so recipes on the go and maybe see examples of vegan daily foods. I’m going to be traveling to overseas and I really don’t want to eat meat I don’t trust I rather stick to fruits veggies and occasional fish or plant based protein. Sorry I don’t mean to offend true vegans by saying fish I just know I have to transition to it and it’ll take time to get used to not eating steaks burgers and crap meats

Replies

• amandacalories
    amandacalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Being vegan is a lifestyle. You can't be vegan and eat fish. You also can't live on fruits and vegetables.
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Going vegan is a big step and requires a lot of diligence. Have you looked up vegan groups? On this main discussion board, you're likely to get a lot of people criticizing your choice rather than the support you're seeking. I went vegan a few years ago, and it was work. Vegetarian relieves some of the pressure. Pescatarian sounds like what you are seeking now. I understand you are just trying to find what works for your body right now and not taking a PETA stance. ;) Looking at your diary, your sodium is very high. That will hide weight loss and make you think you're not gaining any ground. Keep working at finding your body's sweet spot and if you have specific questions, consider doing a search in groups for some that might be the fit you're looking for. Good luck!
  • Savagesandra
    Savagesandra Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do a pescetarian diet, (sounds like what you're looking for). I just have trouble making my calorie goal some days from lack of time. You have to be able to put a little time into cooking.
  • kbeard26
    kbeard26 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You're basically switching to a pescatarian diet. I was pescatarian for 4 years and I just switched over to a plant based diet. I will not call myself fully vegan because sometimes I do consume products with honey. I will follow you on MFP. If you have instant gram send me a message and I will share my screen name. I post a lot of my plant based meals on IG. I sometimes update my diary on MFP but you wouldn't have a clue what I was making until you see it. I eat a lot of salads and raw foods. I do consume protein shakes also.
  • tashazzz1
    tashazzz1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been vegan for 5 years and I am now cleaning up my diet in order to lose weight. Feel free to add me if you'd like to have a look at my diary
  • nefudaboss
    nefudaboss Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thank you yes I need to work on that, I’ll check out the groups here to see what is going on. Really appreciate the feedback
    Going vegan is a big step and requires a lot of diligence. Have you looked up vegan groups? On this main discussion board, you're likely to get a lot of people criticizing your choice rather than the support you're seeking. I went vegan a few years ago, and it was work. Vegetarian relieves some of the pressure. Pescatarian sounds like what you are seeking now. I understand you are just trying to find what works for your body right now and not taking a PETA stance. ;) Looking at your diary, your sodium is very high. That will hide weight loss and make you think you're not gaining any ground. Keep working at finding your body's sweet spot and if you have specific questions, consider doing a search in groups for some that might be the fit you're looking for. Good luck!

• pbbananacoffeechocolate
    Options
    Vegan here, feel free to add me! I support and applaud any and all steps taken to reduce consumption of animal products.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    If meats are a problem for you why not go vegetarian instead of vegan? Plus fish. So Fruits, veggies, fish, dairy, grains, maybe eggs.
  • Wildgreensoul
    Wildgreensoul Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been experimenting with whole foods (no oil, sugar, white flour) plant based lifestyle for a couple of years, plant based is easy, compared to to really eating whole, without sweets and bread. I feel amazing and young and my plump belly flattens. It's joy for me. It feels better! And for me, it's the funnest adventure ever! I'm at loveandlettuce.com if you rant to peek at what I'm doing.
  • FlowerPower8579
    FlowerPower8579 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm working on making my life a bit more healthier to, by doing it slowly it should benefit you -as the transition will be easier than cutting it all out completely I reckon. Here's hoping you can stay committed! Good luck