Leftover Friendly Dinners

Options
angienofrills
angienofrills Posts: 5 Member
I work abroad in France and have been managing to cook for myself and eat on my own time schedule while being here.

Now I am returning home and will be staying between family and friends for 2-3 days at a time who don't eat mindfully at all.

I'm looking for some yummy low calorie dinners that are leftover friendly that I can make a batch of and then eat that when they are eating dinners as I don't want to be offensive and be cooking my own food all the time.

I love vegan and vegetarian food but I do eat meat and fish too so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Replies

• tequila5000
    tequila5000 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Make a big pot of hearty soup!
  • laurenmjenkin
    laurenmjenkin Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Or ( can use legumes or meats) casserole, stews, curries, slow cook, pilaffs left over veggies make burgers (or make a batch from scratch to freeze) pasta left over can be pasta pan bake on a day you don’t mind the carbs, little cheese maybe. Possibilities are endless. Just let us know what u like to eat, and not like, and how much effort u want to put in than maybe easier to write a few things for u
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    Options
    I am a meal-prepper and have a bunch of mostly freezable/reheat friendly recipes on my personal blog website.

https://www.exercisenotextrafries.com/recipes
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
  • theabsentmindednurse
    Options
    RED LENTIL AND PUMPKIN SOUP

2 cups red split lentils
    1.5kg pumpkin (grated)
    1 large sweet potato (grated)
    2 brown onions (diced)
    1 litre vegetable stock
    2 tablespoons yellow curry paste
    1 tablespoons crushed garlic
    1 litre water

Add vegetables to a large stock pot with a little olive oil. Simmer five minutes with curry paste and garlic.
    Add vegetable stock and water. Bring to boil. Place on lid. Simmer for 25 minutes until tender.
    Serve.
    Suitable to freeze.

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    My go to recipes for yummy leftovers are...

- crockpot beef roast with carrots, potatoes and onions (or anything you'd like to add really). I add in some water and 1 dry packet of ranch, Italian and brown gravy seasoning (gives it a good juice flavor, but you don't eat all that)
    - breakfast casserole with eggs, milk, cheese, spinach and cooked sausage or bacon crumbles on top. Yummy with hot sauce/salsa and toast/English muffin
  • angienofrills
    angienofrills Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This all sounds great, thank you for your replies!!

I love cooking so am happy to put in effort in, but as I will be in other people's kitchens I am wary of taking over the kitchen so I guess minimal pot dishes is great, although I guess things can be done in stages.

I literally like all foods so am happy to experiment with new recipes as I tend to stick to my go tos which are:

Veggie bolognese
    Prawn & spinach curry
    Veg Curry
    Stir fries
    Asian salad
    Soup
    Egg white omelettes

Gosh listing these makes me sound so boring but as we are working constantly out on the boat in France it's been easier to stick to what i know!

Looking forward to trying out some of these recipes!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Soup
    Stew
    Zucchini lasagna