Bum knee?

Options
I just rejoined MFP after some time away for some personal reasons. (please add me as a friend)

My new friends have been very motivational and with them cheering me on, I began walking/jogging again over the weekend.
From Sunday - Now I have put in over 23 miles + Swimming Laps + Riding Bike.

Now though, the back (inside) of my left knee has begun to hurt.
I'm thinking it may just be muscle atrophy, but I'm not sure if I should push through it or give it a rest.

I DON'T want to rest. I'm rarin' to go for the first time in a long time!

Thoughts/Opinions?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• devineyallen
    Options
    My opinion is to give the eliptical a try. If you have knee issues it's much better than a treadmill b/c on treadmills every time your feet hit the mat it's pounding your knee. The bike i think is good too. Try a heating pad to your knee a few times a day and if possible try aleve.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    From my exp i pushed through & it went away but i did ice it alot!

But also be careful b/c obv its not the same for everyone & you might overdue it & really have to "rest"!
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    My opinion is to give the eliptical a try. If you have knee issues it's much better than a treadmill b/c on treadmills every time your feet hit the mat it's pounding your knee. The bike i think is good too. Try a heating pad to your knee a few times a day and if possible try aleve.

If it gets bad I will consider going to the gym, but I'm out on the streets in the 90 degree heat. Thanks though. :)
  • Broken_
    Broken_ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Hmmm I guess I can try icing it. Thanks