What are your goals?

Options
What are your goals past ‘lose x amount of pounds?’

I set a goal to hike the incline in Manitou Springs, Colorado next February in under 90 minutes. It’s a 2000 foot elevation gain in under a mile.
First time I did it was 18 pounds lighter than I am now and it took about 2 hours. Second time I was heavier and out of shape and it took 3 1/2 hours.

I like having something to train towards.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    • Continuing to improve my Resting Heart Rate
    • Be able to run 5km
    • Recover from my back injury fully
    • Climb more mountains
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Get so buff and strong that I can eat all the things without getting fat again.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    at the moment mine are to maintain my weight and PB my next race in 2 weeks time.

after that i need some new goals as i have hit all the others i set this year. (which were to run 500 miles, and cover 1000 miles running, biking and walking)
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I had lost close to 100 lbs. at the beginning of the year. I was losing the weight for a nephew's wedding. I made his "Cookie Table" and it was downhill after that. I am up 40 lbs. now. and feel miserable. My ankles and knees ache. I remember how good I felt, and my goal is to feel about at a lighter weight.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I want to run a half marathon in April 2018. I just completed a 10K 3 weeks ago
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I’d like to get to about 19.5 BMI, and consistently cut back my alcohol consumption (working out somehow helps my anxiety, which I tend to self medicate w wine). I’d also like to be able to do some pole tricks at work, and have more energy. I’ve lost about four lbs. (I’m sure some was bloat), and feeling way more energetic and happy.
  • tinawallace2016
    tinawallace2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to feel good in this body. It's the only one I have and I want to learn to appreciate it more and what it is capable of doing. That's pretty simple, right?
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    My goals seem to be a moving target these days, but so far...

Goals I have achieved (I'm over 900 days into my MFP journey now):

-Lose weight into the normal BMI range (accomplished in 420 days with 126lbs lost)
    -Be able to do 10 push ups without stopping
    -Be able to do 20 push ups without stopping
    -Be able to do 50 push ups without stopping (that one still takes a ton of effort!)
    -Be able to do 1 perfect form pull up
    -Be able to do 5 perfect form pull ups without stopping
    -Run a mile
    -Run a mile in less than 8 minutes
    -Run two miles
    -Run 5k
    -Run a 5k in under 30 minutes
    -Drop below 15% body fat
    -Maintain my weight for over a year

Goals I still need to achieve:

-Do 10 pull ups without stopping (it's a work in progress)
    -Drop below 10% body fat (not permanently, but would like to see it at least 1 time in my life)
    -Do more than 10 pull ups on a regular basis without stopping
    -Run a 5k in 25 minutes or less
    -Run 5 miles (I'm close to this one now)
    -Do 100 push ups without stopping
    -Maintain my weight permanently (beyond the 2-3 year mark)
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Right now mine are more aesthetic based (trying to put on more muscle, look better), but I also have strength/fitness goals as well... improve my hip thrust and deadlift, be able to do more chin-ups and pull-ups, work on my single-leg squats, get better at yoga, maybe try pole.

• rahimlj
    rahimlj Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    youtube.com/watch?v=83Uck7X_2EE hey guys. l recently started to eat healthier again and this year l have been working out and trying to drop weight. lost a bit of fat. gained some muscle still about 50 lbs l want to drop to get to my old weight that l used to be. This time instead of just being thin again l want to be somewhat muscular. That is my vid that recently uploaded from the summer. feel free to SUBSCRlBE !
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Deadlift 400 lbs.
  • shadow2450
    shadow2450 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    •Lose 80lbs of fat and get an athletic build to finally look and feel good in my body
    •Create a new social life with new friends that will finally be worth waking up to each morning
    •Go hiking, play interactive sports, live life to the fullest without doubtful imberassment getting me down anymore
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I have a spare tire I'd love to get a lot smaller. It really bothers me now because it's not getting smaller as fast as other body parts so to me it seems more pronounced. I'm also working on strengthening areas of my body where I have cronic pain.
  • melmerritt33
    melmerritt33 Posts: 1,055 Member
    Options
    To maintain my weight once I’ve reached my goal weight. I must have lost and regained this weight four or five times and my final goal is to make this the last time!