50lbs later

Options
califaxsj
califaxsj Posts: 14 Member
Hey everyone, I've recently hit the 50lb mark and wanted to share my progress.

around this time last year i weighed in at 242lbs, the heaviest i've ever put on a scale. to top it off, i had climbing cholesterol and triglyceride levels and was told i was then pre-diabetic and pre-hypertensive. a lot of things have changed in the past two years since my health and weight spiraled out of control, but grateful nonetheless for the support of my family, doc and close friends that constantly encourage me to be the best me. today i've lost a total of 52lbs, gotten rid of my high cholesterol and triglycerides and am no longer pre-diabetic or pre-hypertensive. i've learned how to be good to my body but most importantly be good to myself. if anyone is on the struggle bus with their weight or body image, continue to tell yourself you got dis and embrace your strength rather than your weakness. i did not make it here alone, so if ya don't have the support you need, i'm here for ya ♥️

ua0up6cknv7e.jpg

Replies

• MoonriverDreamer
    MoonriverDreamer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You look great! (Also, like the hair!) Congratulations for sticking with it and making the change while you're still young. Very wise.
  • Nhoff70
    Nhoff70 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Quite a change in your expression from 1st pic to second pic, much happier face! Thank you for sharing, its stories like these that keep me going and motivated!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Great job - not just the weight loss but the also the great sense of style.
  • sbrown6
    sbrown6 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Your facial expression in the before picture is killing me. That’s how I felt taking my before pictures. Haha. Great job. Really inspiring! Thanks for sharing h your success.
  • califaxsj
    Options
    Thank you all for the support and kind words!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job- keep up the good work!!!!
  • Jancandoit7
    Jancandoit7 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congrats on an amazing transformation. And- love the blond hair! Looks great on you :)
  • nadinestrother
    nadinestrother Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome job...you look great!
  • ldtamika31
    ldtamika31 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Great dedication
  • califaxsj
    Options
    Thank you!
  • juanitarochelle2014
    Options
    WOW awsome job ...;) that's how much I weighed at my heaviest like 14 yrs ago and I'm now 129lbs lost over 100lbs on my own ;) I'm Happy for u ....;)
  • califaxsj
    Options
    WOW awsome job ...;) that's how much I weighed at my heaviest like 14 yrs ago and I'm now 129lbs lost over 100lbs on my own ;) I'm Happy for u ....;)

nicely done!!
  • fitand50inSD
    fitand50inSD Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I have shared it with my 23 year old son who also has hypertension and needs to lose around 40 lbs. I appreciate your willingness to share and hope it will inspire him to start working towards a life of better health. You look so happy in your after picture. Keep up the great work!
  • califaxsj
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I have shared it with my 23 year old son who also has hypertension and needs to lose around 40 lbs. I appreciate your willingness to share and hope it will inspire him to start working towards a life of better health. You look so happy in your after picture. Keep up the great work!

Thanks for sharing this w me, wishing all the best for your son!
  • Namaste_Life
    Namaste_Life Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your many, healthy successes! You look so much happier in the second photo :)
  • jessicab202
    jessicab202 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!! You look amazing!!
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    HOT! Congrats!
  • califaxsj
    Options
    Congratulations on your many, healthy successes! You look so much happier in the second photo :)
    I am so much happier nowadays
  • califaxsj
    Options
    Awesome Job!! You look amazing!!
    thank u!
  • reslermomma
    reslermomma Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Way to go!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!