turning 40 today -- has anyone here already done that?

Options
hi everyone -- i'm turning 40 today and it's been a wild 5 yrs or so. i lost 50 lbs in my 20s and was no longer "the fat kid" then in the last 5 yrs ive gained it all back! of course, this time around it's MUCH harder to lose. anyone have some advice? and encouragement i guess i need that too. especially since i'm going to eat cake tonite with some friends..... who are mostly skinny ! lol

Replies

• CaptainAmerica1970
    Options
    Been there! Done that! Bought the shirt. Now your as old as dirt.
  • bgelliott
    bgelliott Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Well first of all...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

As for losing weight, you need to take in less calories and burn more. Start a meal journal to keep track of what you are eating. This will make you think twice about what actually gets put into your body. Start looking at labels and learn portion sizes. The big one is to move more, increase your activity level any way you can. Whether it's walking around the block, cardio, weight lifting or just simply bouncing on an exercise ball while watching TV.

Good luck and have a wonderful birthday!
  • Darlis
    Darlis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Have a Happy Birthday and yes, you can do it!

I will celebrate 54 in a month and a half......at least 50 lbs lighter than on my 53rd!
  • dragonflytequila
    Options
    Best of luck and Happy Birthday to you,turning 40 myself two years ago it is harder to lose weight,but,keep at it..and enjoy yourself you made it this far keep on going.
  • Blahrina
    Blahrina Posts: 10
    Options
    thanks everyone one! yes, i'm noticing just after 25 days on here what a like "i dont eat that much" was for the last 5 years! on the days when i go over my limit, i can see how much i'm eating and i've been eating that way for half a decade. so i know the food diary helps so much. also, the food diary and my major overages on there are forcing me to go to the gym a LOT more. it's good to know on here that a woman who is in her 50s lost 50 lbs in a year! that's so great to know it can be done! ok on my way to they gym!