found a video that really motivated me to do better and just wanted to share!!

Options
painzzzz
painzzzz Posts: 10 Member
edited October 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone, I know recently I've really been struggling with being honest in my counts and rounding down my calories when I really shouldn't and it definitely hindered my progress for a long time.
I saw this video the other day and if you have the 17 minutes to watch it, i think it's well worth it!!
They follow a ballerina around and she talks about her daily nutrition goals, the exercise that she does, and how for her, hitting her goal weight is a means to an end so that she can dance better.
She is so matter of fact about her dieting and exercise and talks about it with such clarity that it kind of forced me to acknowledge what I was doing wrong and that has made an enormous difference for me, hope it helps you too!!
https://youtu.be/5356zt0JiDY

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,701 Member
    Options
    Cool. And notice she wasn't a "clean eater" nor did eat like a bird. She balances her dance and pretty much eats what she likes, but pays attention to her calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • anitasgarcia77
    anitasgarcia77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Pretty good video it shows when you put in hard work you can eat balanced and not worry to much.
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I like that she eats a balanced diet. They way she does calorie counting seems to actually work for her. I guess i was doing it wrong too. I wasn't eating back the calories i was exercising. Thanks again for sharing.
  • tuolon
    tuolon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    That was awesome. She eats everything.. a corndog for breakfast!! It also puts in perspective that many of us overestimate our exercise calories. 2 hours of hiking or dance and 2 hours of stretching are only 800 calories burned. Yes she's only 115 lbs but I bet she's working hard those 2 hours of dance or 10 miles of hiking.

Thanks for sharing. It's all about the numbers. Simple.