Here goes nothing.....or hopefully something.

Options
Ok. So I was just talking to my husband the other day about how I haven't been taking care of myself because we are so busy and I have no time for me. I told him I wanted to lose weight to feel good again and he suggested starting a journal. Then....BAM! I found this site while surfing the net and it seems like a good place to start. I have a hard time sticking to plans like this so I'm a little skeptical with myself going in. I could really use all the support I can get. Here goes nothing...

Replies

• AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Welcome :) Good luck on your weight loss journey! Feel free to friend me :)
  • dogwhisperette
    dogwhisperette Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    You have found a great start. It is a very positive site with lots of ideas. Most of all, it really keeps you motivated if you apply yourself. Welcome! Hope you enjoy the journey as much as I am!
  • Ajessie
    Ajessie Posts: 54
    Options
    This is an excellent site, for calorie tracking AND for support!!! Feel free to friend me as well :)
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is really a great place to start. Judgement free zone lol. I'll add you
  • dkritch
    dkritch Posts: 5
    Options
    I was the same way. I actually started out in May, but sort of dropped it for a month or so. We are in our busy season and only had thoughts of "survival" (ha!). Well, my husband was contacted by an old buddy and this guy lost 80 lbs in just over a year. So, hubby started too. That was all I needed, as in other times I would start a "diet" I would always have to dodge the junk food hubby brought home. Now, it's much easier for me. All I can say is "one meal at a time". I really gotta get off my derriere and start moving more. But good luck, you can do it.!
  • av8rblond
    av8rblond Posts: 140
    Options
    To put in bluntly...How's your plan workin for ya? lol

That is what I asked myself last year...and the answer was...it sucks...

Just give it a heart felt shot...once you lose your first 10 pounds...I promise...you'll be hooked.

The members here are awesome and really we are all in the same boat.
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I think this is the BEST SITE EVER....and while I may not be losing like I'd like I am not gaining, which is half the battle. I am also making healthier choices and have support to keep me from going to the mcdonald's drive through when I feel I have been working hard and GAIN weight each week. If nothing else, I can see my nutrient intake and realize I am not alone! Good luck!
  • kellycasey5
    kellycasey5 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    To put in bluntly...How's your plan workin for ya? lol

That is what I thought last week...so now p90x, no excuses, profile pic to prove it. Obviously my kick back and focus on school and work did not work out so well :) Hee Hee pretty common around here I guess. My old plan had some serious issues, but the new one is a fabulous work in progress. And I can't remember the last time I took a whole hour each day to do something for me, even if it is exercise.
  • Renee0608
    Renee0608 Posts: 138
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! I have a hard time also keeping with programs and could use support! Feel free to friend me!
  • Ambria0516
    Options
    I love this site. I dont think i would have stuck to weight loss by myself. Good luck and feel free to add me.
  • devineyallen
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I was in the same position..wasn't sticking to any plan and needed to do something about it. This is a great site and so easy to keep up with calories and exercise.
  • KareyMarie
    KareyMarie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm brand new, too, and like you I'm SUPER excited about this site and all it has to offer. The support from others looks like it's AMAZING and I'm excited to get this show on the road!

Good luck! :)