Exercising...in an apartment.

Options
I'm at home now so I can stomp around as much as I want doing my videos, but soon I'll be moving into an apartment, possibly with people underneath. I suppose I could do ab/strength moves, but anything that involves jumping around wouldn't be too good.

Any video ideas? I found that that's the way I exercise the best, but all the videos I have (Cardio Max, 30 Day Shred, Last Chance Workout, a bunch of little cardio dance bits) all involve stomping around. :/

Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• hewhoiscd
    hewhoiscd Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    I live in an apartment. I'm on the ground floor, so no worries about jumping up and down on the floor. I do, however, accidentally hit the ceiling from time to time :D

Try and get a ground floor apartment, but then you take a gamble on who is above ya. If you do end up living above someone, simply knock on their door and ask when is the best time for you to be jumping around.

Also, try and get into an apartment complex that has a fitness room with at least a few cardio machines. A pool big enough to swim in would be plus as well, great cardio.
  • kiwikara
    kiwikara Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    As long as you do your moves at a normal hour, your neighbors won't care! Just try to land softly. I live on a second floor apartment. Our downstair neighbors are friendly and open and have never complained about daytime sounds! They're actually very noisy themselves
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I'm on the third floor... I try not to be excessive or workout at weird hours but I still do JM's 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30 and Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I might stop at p90x plyo though, lol!
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I'd second the knocking on the neighbours and asking the best time. What might seems like reasonable hours to you might not be to your neighbours. I used to work nights and my neighbours never took that into account for anything and it used to drive me crazy.
  • julesmcclelland
    Options
    I live on the 2nd floor and just use the apt gym for my noisy stuff plus their cardio machines. In my neck of the woods (Texas) just about every apt complex has a free fitness center and most are open late or 24 hrs. Many have DVD players available, too.
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    sucks