MY LEGS ARE GOING TO FALL OFF!! HELP

Options
Oh my goodness!!!! I did a lower body workout last night, and my legs and my behind are KILLING ME!! I can barley walk!!!

Is there anything I can do to make them not hurt so much? It hurts to move :sad:

Replies

• JennieD2
    JennieD2 Posts: 66
    Options
    Hot bath works for me :happy:
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    two things:

1) hot bath
    2) wine

**combination works best
  • JackOsu
    JackOsu Posts: 3
    Options
    I hate to say this, but the second day is usually worse. The best thing you can do is to keep at it. This to shall pass. Proud of you for obviously pushing yourself!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Moving them helps. Sitting around won't help unless your sitting in a hot bath.
  • TashaP2011
    TashaP2011 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I hear you should drink lots of water, move some - maybe take a slow walk to loosen up the muscles and work out the lactic acid, and maybe some gentle stretching. I try these things too - they don't take it all away, but it does help! Good luck!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    ibuprofen.
  • songbird1973
    Options
    Worst thing you can do is not move, you need to keep moving and stretchs sometimes help me. Drink alot of water and if needed take some Motrin or Advil. It will get better! 
  • Abigailblue39
    Abigailblue39 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    First great job! No pain no gain. Work out again! Even though, this is the last thing you want to hear, It helps a LOT.
  • Frankenbarbie01
    Frankenbarbie01 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    ...keep moving =(
    sorry!! but it might get worse before it gets better!! Laugh about it, take ibuprofin, stretch gently, but dont not exercise because your legs are sore from exercise (if your INJURED rest!!) but just keep moving!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt recommend drinking alcohol. Your body has lactic acid in it (the sore spots) because oxygen was depleted from them. If you have alcohol thats going to go to those spots and can do some damage. I would recommend water and advil... and more exercise. It will get better, keep doing it. My legs are killing me from my run and then crazy dancing after... feels better when you are exercising. good luck!
  • jwhit31
    jwhit31 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Lactic acid build up, keep stretching and drink plenty of water. Once your body adjusts to the amount of exercise your doing it will stop. I did 30DS yesterday and I woke up in pain. My legs are killing me!! I just kept stretching it out and made sure I did extra stretching before I did 30DS today. It helped a lot and was able to complete my workout. :o)
  • amyers35
    amyers35 Posts: 51
    Options
    PROTEIN!!!! if you have a good amount of protein 15min-1hr.. really up to 4 hours but your best time is the window 15min-1hr after your workout it greatly reduces your soreness! and keep moving. work out that soreness. not saying you have to do a great big workout the next day but take a nice longish walk tomorrow and walk it out! hope it helps
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love stretching my legs the most when they hurt. :)
  • Jenlynphi
    Jenlynphi Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, soak in an Epsom salt bath, and keep moving because tomorrow is going to be worse. :)
  • bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Not a whole lot you can do! But that means you were working your *kitten* off! :) So great job!! :) For me, the initial "hurting-soreness" goes away in 2-3 days...but then it's the "feel good soreness" that will come after you recover and continue to workout hard. :) I think most people strive for that kind of soreness once they get a taste of it! :) Good luck and great job!!
  • BethGorton
    Options
    DEFINITELY keep moving! Go for an easy walk, nothing too strenuous! You don't need to take anything, just tough it out, and it'll be better in a few days.
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Not disagreeing with the hot bath idea, but there is a reason athletes sit in a jet tub of ice water. If you have a cold lake to go sit in, or a pool that is cold (the bigger kind you can buy at Target, etc...), go sit in them. It is like icing an injury, helps with the inflammation of all the muscle cells you damaged (in the process of building more muscle!!)

All the other suggestions are good, I think I would also try a hot bath after a cold one too!!! Keep working out-you don't want this pain to be for nothing. I always think how extremely sore the people on the Biggest Loser are, then they have to go back to the gym and get yelled at :)
  • Luthorcrow
    Luthorcrow Posts: 193
    Options
    If it hurts that much it is good sign that you overdid it. I would keep at but dial your intensity down. A lot of people make the mistake of going at it too hard too fast. Keep in mind the tortoise wins not that the hare.
  • Anoble17
    Anoble17 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    STRETCH!!!!!!!
    Sit in a warm bath with some epsom salt in it and STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    STRETCH!!!!!!!!
    Drink water
    Take an anti inflammatory

oh yeah and STRETCH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Any sort of protein will help ease those sore legs drink straight after a workout