Several smaller meals per day?

Options
Does anyone find it easier to have several smaller "meals" during the day? Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner? Seems to be easier to stay under my calorie goals and not be hungry between meals.

Replies

• sister_bear
    sister_bear Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Correct.
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I eat 5 meals a day. not snacks, but regular meals. breakfast is about 450 cals the rest are between 250 and 350. i eat them every 3 hours. it keeps your metabolism burning all the time and you're never hungry because by the time you think you might be getting hungry it's time to eat again. and not some little granola bar, but chicken with rice and veggies. or scrambled eggs and yams.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    yes, take a look at my diary . . . I am a hobbit. I just changed my stuff today to fix it.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    absolutely, I graze all day long!
  • BecomingMyself
    Options
    I eat six small meals a day which makes it extremely easy for me to stay under calorie goals. Since I'm eating all day, I hardly experience any hunger unless I have an insane workout day, but then I just eat a little more.
  • MedievalFreak
    Options
    I wanna be a hobbit!!!

I wouldnt say I have 6 MEALS, but I definitely have like some trail mix or a piece of fruit between meals. Keeps me sane...
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I eat 6 times a day so I never really feel like I'm starving and my body likes that better than eating 3x a day...take a look at my diary if you'd like it's open
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    Yes, I have to do it otherwise I'll binge eat. I have to be constantly eating which would be 6-8 meals a day 200-300 cals each.. Good question!

:flowerforyou:
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Same here. Check out my diary as well! :wink:
  • Rompa_87
    Rompa_87 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I also graze as I find this helps me not feel like I'm starving between meals. The current research basically shows for weight loss grazing and eating 3 big meals under your calorie needs are equally effective so if grazing works for you then that's the way to go. If not 3 big meals are also fine.
  • slimmer189
    slimmer189 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    yes, yes and yes - I eat breakfest around 6 so by 10 I need a snack for sure and I also find having one in the late afternoon keeps me from immediately eating something unhealthy when I get home before dinner is ready
  • dreanance
    dreanance Posts: 246
    Options
    I eat at 5:30-6:30am, 8-9am, 12-1pm, 4-4:30pm, 6-7pm and 10pm (when I get home from work). I find knowing exactly when I'm going to eat next and having similar sized meals each time really helps my body know what to expect.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    yup and I just changed mine too. I put it at meal 1-6 so I don't feel like I have as many things in the snack category as I do in the meals, lol.
  • Garrett1234
    Garrett1234 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Thanks folks. I am finding it a useful way to control my appetite and wanted some reassurance it was an OK thing to be doing. I appreciate the feedback.