lemon chicken

Options
hi,

i'm thinking of making lemon chicken bites either with garlic, black pepper, ginger etc. this weekend.

the problem is all the recipes i've looked up all call for the chicken to be coated in flour, and i'd rather skip this as in previous experiences it makes the dish a bit pasty.

all ideas are welcome, i'm really looking for something simple with a bit of sauce to serve over rice, perhaps with an overnight marinade,

thanks.

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Here's how I do quick lemon chicken:
    1) pound breast to a even thickness of about 1/2"
    2) sprinkle salt, pepper & lemon zest. Some fresh thyme is good, too, if you have it handy.
    3) put chicken zest-side-down in a hot lightly-sprayed oven-safe skillet over med flame on cooktop
    4) pour 1-2 TBS lemon juice on chicken, sprinkle that side w salt & pepper and cook until opaque more than half way up from bottom (4-5 minutes)
    5) put under broiler 5 min
    6) flip in pan so lemon side is up again. Add minced garlic. Broil another minute or two until garlic slightly toasted but not burnt.

This is a whole breast vs. bites, but you can slice it however you like to complement the rest of your meal.
  • geri1geraldinesuzanne
    Options
    thanks for your ideas, i'll look into them.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Have you tried ground up corn flakes that has a bit of ms dash lemon pepper blend mixed in? I've made chicken nuggets using this method and they usually come out crunchy on the outside and tender on the inside (egg wash for the chicken then roll in the flake mix, bake at 400 F for 18 minutes).
  • vikster11111
    vikster11111 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    Here's how I do quick lemon chicken:
    1) pound breast to a even thickness of about 1/2"
    2) sprinkle salt, pepper & lemon zest. Some fresh thyme is good, too, if you have it handy.
    3) put chicken zest-side-down in a hot lightly-sprayed oven-safe skillet over med flame on cooktop
    4) pour 1-2 TBS lemon juice on chicken, sprinkle that side w salt & pepper and cook until opaque more than half way up from bottom (4-5 minutes)
    5) put under broiler 5 min
    6) flip in pan so lemon side is up again. Add minced garlic. Broil another minute or two until garlic slightly toasted but not burnt.

This is a whole breast vs. bites, but you can slice it however you like to complement the rest of your meal.

That sounds delicious!