Ever get those days where you just can't stop eating?

Options
I get them once in a while, but have a couple of times over the past few days. It sucks! At least I'm not eating horrible foods, but still. What do you do to get past that?

Replies

• jessifanfic
    jessifanfic Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sunday afternoon/evening and all day Monday were like that for me
  • Hirundo
    Hirundo Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I had one of those day today -.-
  • Misty1984
    Options
    I have been feeling like that today!! Ugh I hate those dayyys!!
  • thetorontokid2
    Options
    ugh! i've had that same thing for like, the last week!! i've been at work most of the time, so when i'm there, there's no food for me to eat anyway. but when at home this weekend, i've just gone out swimming and that takes my mind off of it. otherwise, i'm at a loss when i'm not near my in-laws' pool and i'm at MY house with MY food!
  • LunarDragoon
    LunarDragoon Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yeah, sometimes. It seems to me that I am less hungry on days when I get a fair amount of exercise. If I swim laps or go for a quick jog before a meal, I feel like I eat less in general.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I get them once in a while, but have a couple of times over the past few days. It sucks! At least I'm not eating horrible foods, but still. What do you do to get past that?

I dont know if you can get past that LOL. I find that, if I give in to anything "BAD" I give myself an excuse to eat EVERYTHING bad, and I just go overboard and eat eat eat eat.

such as - one cookie.. or one piece of chocolate, ends up into 5 cookies and a whole bar of chocolate.

if you're pigging out on vegetables and fruits, GOOD. GO FOR IT lol. nothing wrong with that!
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I divide up my day, for example: 220-300 cals per meal and eat 6-8 meals a day. So, I'd be eating all day long but know when to stop at the 200-300 cal mark, then eat again in an hour or so.. So, if you are supposed to be eating 2,000 cals a day then divide it by 6 or 8 or whatever.. let's say 6 which will give you 333 cals for each meal.. Eat those super low cal foods or negative calorie foods.. That's what I do.. Heck I splurge from time to time too.. :flowerforyou:

No what I mean jellybean?
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Yes! and it comes in 3 day waves, I haven't figured out the pattern yet.
  • dougstevens
    dougstevens Posts: 208 Member
    Options

Take a look at the foods you're eating over the past several days (weeks even). For me, I have learned that if I don't get enough veggies and fruits (fiber rich foods), that my hunger seems to creep up on me and my energy drops. Thereby creating the need to eat and keep on eating.

Guess my point is, maybe your body is craving something its missing. For me its fiber and iron (spinach), for you it could be the same or some other food.
  • Schwarzeaugen
    Schwarzeaugen Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    24 years and counting
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    Usually, I just think about all the bad things that will happen if i take "one bite".
    I ask myself:
    Will I go overboard? Can I control myself if I eat this? Am I going to work this off?

BUT if it's healthy food (grapes, carrot sticks etc), I usually just eat slowly and drink lots of cold water to feel full.
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I hate those days. Usually I just go ahead and eat. If I'm that hungry, there is a reason for it. I try to keep it on the healthy side, and don't usually go too far over. Luckily those days only come around once every few weeks for me, so it hasn't done any damage.
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Lately yes, especially at night when I'm home and just reading or watching a movie.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    YES!!!! after several days of sticking to my cals and after a hard workout I get like that but I allow myself to eat because I dont always eat my exercise cals back depending on how hungry I am that day. I try not to overdo it but if I am hungry I figure my body is saying something right?
  • SarahNicole317
    SarahNicole317 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Say to myself, "Suffer the pain of discipline, or suffer the pain of regret."

Drink green tea and a gallon of water per day.
  • rhawkins26
    Options
    Maybe it's not food that you are craving. Sometimes it is psychological (lots of times!)... ask yourself what you feel you are lacking in your life. Why are you feeling empty?

I know it sounds like pop psychology, but there is some truth to it.
  • lannheue23
    lannheue23 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I got that day today...I always get it when I know I can't eat something then I end up eating it anyways..lol
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    Maybe it's not food that you are craving. Sometimes it is psychological (lots of times!)... ask yourself what you feel you are lacking in your life. Why are you feeling empty?

I know it sounds like pop psychology, but there is some truth to it.

Winning the lottery, that is what I'm lacking. lol
  • 3ball
    3ball Posts: 338
    Options
    Thanks for all of the replies. Usually my topics are nothing but crickets. haha
  • icerose137
    icerose137 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    It's usually the foods I love but can't stop eating. I have two of those. Potato chips and nuts. I keep those far away from my house.