Premium membership?

Options
Does anyone have an opinion if upgrading the membership to premium help with weight loss significantly? I'm not sure if is worth it. I'm having a hard time keeping to a 1400 calorie diet and exercise as I have an injury. I know I need to keep at it. I am not sure if going premium would help.
Thank you!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    It's only going to help if the specific features it offers make it easier for you to consistently hit your calorie goal.

If you're having a hard time keeping to 1,400 calories now, I can't think of any premium features that would make it easier for you to do so -- were there specific ones that you think could help you do this?
  • reginakarl
    reginakarl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I wasn't sure if paying for a service helped people stay motivated.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    reginakarl wrote: »
    I wasn't sure if paying for a service helped people stay motivated.

Oh, yeah. If you're the type of person who will be motivated to hit your calorie goal by the fact that you're paying for MFP, that could work! I should have considered that in my initial answer.
  • jjalbertt
    jjalbertt Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Honestly I ended up getting MFP premium for free from having a Samsung watch and the features were nothing to really be excited about. It's basically the same thing and doesn't keep me more motivated. I wouldn't spend money on it.
  • Johns_Dope_AF
    Johns_Dope_AF Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I figure as much time as I spend on this site/app I can pay to make my life a little easier
  • Vladaar
    Vladaar Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I don't see where it is beneficial enough for the price. The Market will obviously decide if they lower the price, but not only is it high, but's monthly. If one time fee, or 1 dollar a month maybe. But overhead must be high, or just lots of people are willing to pay it. If it helps and you can afford it go for it.
  • empressjasmin
    empressjasmin Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I figure as much time as I spend on this site/app I can pay to make my life a little easier

I agree with this. While for me there is no big difference in the premium membership, setting different goals has previously helped me. That's an option available in the premium and not free.
  • EllieElla2015
    EllieElla2015 Posts: 67 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I like premium but I’m inconsistent with MFP so it ended up going to waste. I, too, thought it would motivate me more since I was paying but turns out I had no problem throwing my money away lol. If you’re just seeking motivation and not don’t want or need the premium features, I don’t recommend it because based on my experience motivation is internal not external.
  • reginakarl
    reginakarl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I liked the no ads, and ability to micromanage various settings, and pay for it when I can, but I can do without, and have not had any significant weight differences. It just makes some things more convenient. I will probably buy a years worth after Christmas.