HRM question

Options
I am looking into getting one but not sure I want to spend $100 one yet. Has anyone used the S7 ones at Walmart that are like $30?

Need help please, should I buy the cheap one for now or go for the more expensive one??

Replies

• mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I am looking into getting one but not sure I want to spend $100 one yet. Has anyone used the S7 ones at Walmart that are like $30?

Need help please, should I buy the cheap one for now or go for the more expensive one??

• Kmill217
    Kmill217 Posts: 204
    Options
    I am at the same point! I am seeing Nike Triax HRM on ebay go for $50 which I think is a good deal. I just hate to pull the trigger on one of these only to be later disappointed! Any info- I know there was a thread started a few days back, but all replies were just like mine! Who gots the input we need?!
  • denyann
    Options
    I bought the $50 HRM at Target. Its the "womens' Style, and I think it's pretty accurate. It's made by Sportsline, I believe
  • justdoingit
    justdoingit Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere that these HRM devices can be off by as much as 25-30%, especially if you are a woman. The more expensive ones are the more acurate ones. I would stick to using this site as acurately as possible for now and then when you can afford the $150 device, go for it!
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    You will not be disappointed if you spend a little more money on it now.
    I have the Polar F4 and I paid about $70 CAD for it. I love it. I've had it for about a year now and I never workout without it. Honestly, I don't know how I functioned without it. lol

I'm not sure about that Wal-mart one you are looking to purchase but make sure you can return it just in case you don't like it.

Good luck! :flowerforyou: