Protein ideas

Options
gila24
gila24 Posts: 20 Member
Hi!

I'm trying to up my protein intake and am looking for some easy and varied protein ideas, also protein snack ideas.

Thanks!

Replies

• ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    whey protein with water and mixed with what you like...banana, peanut butter, berries etc. I also like Luna Protein Bars but they are 180 cals each. Low fat cottage cheese is good too :-)
  • mattiol4
    mattiol4 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to increase your protein intake, protein powder is a great option. I buy Muscle Milk Protein Powder and make yummy/healthy smoothies with it. :)

My favorite protein smoothie recipe is:
    1 scoop chocolate protein powder
    1 cup vanilla coconut milk
    2 Tbs cocoa powder
    1 banana
    1 cup ice

This smoothie increases my protein intake and also takes care of my sweet tooth! :)
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, low sodium cottage cheese, eggs, chicken breast, fish, whey protein shake. Search protein on the message boards and you will find lots of ideas :)
  • beedo30
    beedo30 Posts: 186
    Options
    Greek yogurt, low sodium cottage cheese, eggs, chicken breast, fish, whey protein shake. Search protein on the message boards and you will find lots of ideas :)
    Agreed, or google protein Sludge, or protein brownies. I make the sludge every now and then and its good
  • NWLARealtor57
    NWLARealtor57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I use EAS Whey Protein Vanilla flavored. I mix in any type of frozen fruit and 1 cup Almond Breeze and it makes a great breakfast or supper.