unjustified guilt?

Options
Has anyone else ever felt this way? I had plenty of calories left to use, so after supper I ate some ice cream (100 cal) with caramel topping. Although, I am still under my allowed calories (even have 150 remaining) and fat for the day, I feel guilty about eating it! I know it's silly but I guess it's just working so hard to get a 'healthy food' mindset that has me feeling bad for a little bit of splurging...as if I'm gonna gain weight, or at least not lose any this week just because I had some sweets! :noway:
Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts at the moment!

Replies

• AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    Oh, *kitten*, I eat ice cream almost every day . . . I didn't know I was supposed to feel guilty.
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh, *kitten*, I eat ice cream almost every day . . . I didn't know I was supposed to feel guilty.

=) Glad to see someone else works the way I do... No, I wouldn't feel guilty at all, if you had the room left and all your numbers are still under, then go for it, especially if it's only once in a while, you deserve it for being so good!
  • smashleymcgee
    smashleymcgee Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty at all- you are within your calorie limits, so no need to :). I save calories almost every night to have a "sweet snack" after dinner and I am still losing weight. As long as you don't eat a whole tub of ice cream, I think you are good.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You are correct in that the calories aren't the whole picture. If your intake overall was balanced and healthy, that small treat is nothing to feel guilty about - in fact, there is tremendous psychological benefit from knowing that you won't be forever deprived of foods that you love. To tell yourself that you will NEVER have those foods has been the downfall of many people who think of their program as an all or nothing proposition. Moderation is the key.
  • stacibell1
    stacibell1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You have to treat yourself sometimes otherwise you'll end up craving something and eating everything in sight!
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Don't feel guilty at all- you are within your calorie limits, so no need to :). I save calories almost every night to have a "sweet snack" after dinner and I am still losing weight. As long as you don't eat a whole tub of ice cream, I think you are good.

Oh, good, another person that thinks the way I do, I'm really liking this thread!!! =) I do the same thing! I'm really having to push it today, (today has not been a good day for me) but I'm still going to make it. Tomorrow will be better... =)
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ok, well now I don't feel so bad! Probably my main problem is that in the past I would overdo it on the sweets once I did finally give in. I just need to learn moderation and self- control--with those, I have no need to feel guilty, right? I do know that I can't go too long without some "fun" food or I'll lose it!
    Thanks for making me feel better, everyone! :flowerforyou: