Options
Hello. New member here. Starting weight at 375 lbs. I can hardly believe it and I’m trying to figure out how and why I gained this weight. I wasn’t overweight as a child. I was asked to think about modelling as a teenager. I gained weight with both my daughters but hovered around 160 for years. I was busy and successful and didn’t really think about weight. But the lbs just added up over time.......too many business dinners and fast food while running through the airport. I reached 200 and did get serious about losing some, and managed to lose 40 lbs. but a few years later I got really sick and depressed. I lost my job, I lost my savings, I lost my identity. All I gained was weight. And gained and gained. Within 2 years I hit 350, and then added another 25 over the next year. I tried to control my eating but I wasn’t emotionally able to do much but get out of bed. I just turned 60 and I want whatever life I have left back so that I can, at the very least, participate in life. That’s my focus. I know it won’t be easy. Yes, I’m scared but excited too.

Replies

• rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you! A year ago I was in a similar place, sick, obese, and wanting my life back. Today I'm over 100 lbs down and much healthier. You can do this! Start by just logging everything, and do a little more activity every day. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • Songmiko
    Songmiko Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I was 125lbs when I met my husband. We both gained so much weight after we moved in together. Now after the birth of our 1st child I am 176lbs...He has never asked me to lose weight and of course thinks I'm beautiful but I'd really love to be the 125lb girl he fell in love with again.