Day 40; pushing through the plateau?

Options
Hey MFP, looking for some advice I am sure has been given a thousand times already!

I am on day 40 of my diet/exercise regime starting at 193 pounds with a goal weight of ~175 and have noticed that I am having a really hard time getting under 180 pounds. I mean, 12 pounds in 40 days (even with the water weight) is a big accomplishment for me but I have been in this funk all week of going up and down from 181 to 183. I am staying balanced by meeting my calorie goals even with exercise and am just looking for that extra edge to get my body back in weight loss mode.

My diet has improved by 500% with no fast food besides a 6" turkey subway sandwich with no mayo, lots of apples, baby carrots, salads, yogurt for breakfast, and I try to stick to small portions at dinner which is now shying away from red meats if at all possible. I'm also taking fish oil daily, too. I feel great (although sore from my cardio workouts which is 30 Day Shred right now) and while my belly is still being stubborn I am getting more pronounced muscles which I love.

People say to start jogging which would be tough to do in the morning and I didn't like the gym at all when I joined earlier this year. Any ideas on what else I can do to get my weight loss back in gear or is this just something I'll need to wait out?

Thanks!

Replies

• tangerine202
    Options
    Has it just been this week that youre stuck between 181 and 183? I would try measuring and tracking your measurements for the next month or so. I do Jillian Michaels workouts and gain quite a bit of muscle that way so you might just be gaining muscle right now.
  • mikesnwgirl
    Options
    I know that sugar and sodium in your diet plays a huge role in weight loss. Add those two things to your food diary and stay below your allowance and you should start to see the scales move!! I personally count natural sugar too, but I do go over sometimes. As long as I go over because of fruit I don't stress about it.
  • Amysgetnfit
    Options
    definitely do some measuring... Im scale stuck this week too, but Im definitly tightening up, cuz my jeans are getting looser. sometimes I think my scale is possessed & just likes to torture me, I have on occasion threatened to run it over with my pick up! as long as you keep it up & mix up your work outs you will continue to see results. I do know that when my body gets used to certain exercises it slows down on the weight loss & i need to either try something new, or do them differently
    good luck!
  • atypicalchuck
    atypicalchuck Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I wish I had one of those fabric measuring tapes I'd keep track. :) I hear that is a better indicator of progress than weight loss but at the same time I would like to get to 175 as that is my healthy weight for my build. Are there any other workout dvd's that are good? I got Jillian Micheal's 6 Week Abs but I find the moves way too awkward and unsatisfying.
  • TakeOne
    TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my tape measure!! JM's Ripped in 30 has some kicka** workouts and I hear her NMTZ is really good as well. You may have to change up your cals. What's your net on average and do you eat back the cals. you burn? If its to low, you might actually have to raise it. Keep pluggin away tho, you'll get there :)