Needed to remind and encourage myself.

Options
I have been here since May and I am feeling a little lost and almost like the end is NOWHERE in sight, so I decided to put down in writing how much I have managed to do in this short time so that hopefully putting it in black and white for all to see I might feel like I have really done something. So, since May I have gone from 250 to 229, that is 21 lbs and adding all the inches I have lost from everywhere it comes to a total of 11.5 inches gone off my body. I am doing this and will continue to do this until I get my body in the shape I want it to be in, not the shape I have allowed it to be in. I have done so well with sticking with this and if I continue to do so I will reach my goals. I AM MAKING THIS HAPPEN!!!

Replies

• harlylena
    harlylena Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm probably too new to be replying but I wanted to say that's awesome progress and the road ahead may seem unending but you've already started the journey and showing positive results. You've lost 21 lbs! And 11.5"!! Since May!!! Now how amazing is that!! Keep up the fab work~
  • helenoftroy1
    helenoftroy1 Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing, remember this is a journey not a race and good things come to those who wait.
    I've been doing this since April and I have had moments where I'm fed up and annoyed at myself for letting myself get in the shape I was and also not being able to eat what I wanted. But every day is a new day and you do get motivated again. Just take each day as it comes and keep logging.
    As I said you've done fantastic and you have a least made a start so imagine if you hadn't started this in May? You'd still have 21lbs to lose. You've already done it, whoop whoop!!!!!
    Good luck :bigsmile:
  • chellaJKR
    chellaJKR Posts: 146
    Options
    It's so hard to be patient when we finally decide we know who we want to be, it seems like our bodies don't keep up to our minds! Looking at it like you did as acheivements so far really puts it in perspective doesn't it?! Look- you're an all-star, you got this and you'll be there in no time!
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    It's a journey not a race. You didn't put it on in one day it won't come off in one day. Be nice to yourself and reward yoursrelf (with things other than food) throughh out the process. Keep up the good work
  • hosegirl
    hosegirl Posts: 157
    Options
    21lbs! What I wouldn't give for that much lost. That is amazing. What is your inspiration? What is your motivator? Mine is my grnad daughter. Last year she said " nan your butt is getting bigger." If that didn't put a damper in my day. So my motivation is for her to say " Nana your butt is getting smaller." I was so lucky to find MFP and the people here are an inspiration including you! If you can lose 21 lbs since may I certainly can try to strive for that. Keep up the good work. You may want to try changing up your work out routine. Sometimes that works.
  • amhl
    amhl Posts: 6
    Options
    Slow weight loss is the best, because chances are good you will KEEP it off later!
    So congratulate yourself! :flowerforyou:
    You're on the way to a healthier YOU!!!
    My goal is just health--if weight goes that is great, but HEALTH above all.
    YOU GO GIRL!!! :heart:
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post myself. These past couple weeks have been really tough for me. Not sure what happened to my motivation. I haven't exercised nearly as much as I had been and am really feeling blah again. I know I need to get back on track and I told myself that would start today. I set my alarm for 6am so that I would get up early and walk. Well, my alarm went off and I got up and reset it for 7 am. Ate well during the day, then totally stuffed myself when I got home on pasta and monkey bread. What was I thinking?? Now it's 9:15 pm and I did not exercise one bit again today!! Tomorrow is a new day......LET'S DO THIS!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!