Best place to buy supplements?

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I get MRM vegan protein from amazon. It's no big deal to me but they do all kinds of virtue signalling on their website, so if that's your thing you can play along.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    I don't see much of a verifiable difference in product quality - these are supplements after all and by strict regulatory definition are not required to show effectiveness.

I do a lot of price comparison and get the cheapest usually, but I also subscribe to the FDA alert registry and keep an eye out for firms that end up with compliance issues.
  • RandJ6280
    RandJ6280 Posts: 1,161 Member
    Options
    What a wide array of responses... thank-you all.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    RandJ6280 wrote: »
    lorrpb wrote: »
    Best in what way?

Looking at price, value and quality of the product and company

Don't, it literally throwing away your money. Other than mono creatine, there is no reason to buy into the marketing of emptiness.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I don't use supplements other than a generic multi-vitamin.

You don't need them either.

Bigtime waste of money.

Need protein? Eat meat, peanut butter, eggs, rice and beans, nuts.

Don't believe all the hype and marketing designed to lighten your wallet.

• xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    I usually get mine at the local grocery store since they often have some sort of sale on them (usually buy one get one but that usually means half price). I would avoid buying supplements at a pharmacy unless it's a hard to find supplement. They typically overinflate the prices.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    If you need to buy them at all, buy them where you can get them cheapest.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    cosco, walmart are the cheapest. I generally only purchase protein powder, or bars so price is my only concern
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    GNC. Their natural protein powders are 20$ a tub where I am and I can't find a better price on powder with no artificial sweeteners.
  • VoodooChile76
    VoodooChile76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I jockey between GNC & Bodybuilding.com.. most supplements I get, I've bought locally at some point. So ordering online is convenient & shipping can be free too! Just do what works for you.
  • MilesAddie
    MilesAddie Posts: 166 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I get my creatine and protein powders from Myprotein.com.

Last I checked, they have the overall highest ranking from LabDoor, which tests for nutritional accuracy, banned substances, and toxic substances.

Really can’t beat the prices, 1 kilo of flavored protein (100 cals, 23 pro, 1 fat, 2 carb) for less than 20 bucks. The isolate is only a few dollars more, and has better macros for cutting. Some flavors have been way too sweet - Glazed Donut, Boston Cream Pie - for me, but others - cinnamon roll, white candy cane, and vanilla - were spot on with water.

If you take protein powder regularly, I would scoot over to LabDoor and check to see if your protein has been tested. They have 81 listed on there.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I’ve ordered from nutritionexpress.com for about 15 years. They have discounted prices on name brands. Some really terrific deals.