Short Girls & Office Workers?

Options
Hey,

Looking for more friends to help motivate me. Only been at it a couple of weeks. 5ft 1 and a half, (Very important half!!) - 10st8 at the moment, want to get back down to my healthy weight of around 8 and a half stone! Couple of stone to lose and seriously struggling with motivation, looking for friends on here to help me along.
Working in an office 5 days a week so fairly sedentary lifestyle and finding it a little difficult to keep going at the moment,

Add me :)

Replies

• Iamsimpleguy
    Iamsimpleguy Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Enter your food diary daily and keep tracking your calories, try to do small exercises. Keep active yourself. All the best!! Feel free to add me

For a Starter check this link http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300331/most-helpful-posts-getting-started-must-reads#latest
  • WhalenJR
    WhalenJR Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi. Have you looked into a sit-stand desk? I also work in an office and I use one from varidesk . It has made a big difference in what used to be a sedentary environment.
  • changeconsumeme
    changeconsumeme Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Office worker here! Feel free to add me.
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Make some short term goals and commit to them.
  • writerapril
    writerapril Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Office worker too. Add me if you would like.
  • TaylerJade21
    TaylerJade21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Office worker to and I'm short also, I just started yesterday feel free to add me we can motivate each other
  • TheHobbit2017
    TheHobbit2017 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Short, lady train driver here so sitting down mainly all shift. I’m new on here so no idea how to add friends but feel free to add me :)
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2, started at 153, lost about 30 lbs in a year using MFP. I've since lost about another 5 and have been in maintenance around 118 for about 3 years.

I am over forty and have a desk job but I still average 15k steps a day. I get up early to exercise (walk or circuit training), I park in the back of the parking lot, I get up and go for short walks during the day and walk at lunch after eating at my desk.

I lost most of my weight eating between 1600-1900 cals and am maintaining with a TDEE of 2200. Being petite and an office worker doesn't doom you to a low calorie target. Find ways to work the activity in.