Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred

Options
I recently started using the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred video and I have a question for those who have been using it for a little while. Do you use it everyday or every other day? The reason I ask is I know we are supposed to alternate out the muscle groups to every other day and do something different in between but I wonder how necessary that really is. My plan was to do workout 1 obe week, 2 the next week, and 3 the 3rd week, then rotate back to 1 and so on. Any advice or tips would be appreciated.

Replies

• Jillian130
    Jillian130 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    In the video she suggests 10 days to complete Level 1, 10 days for Level 2, 10 days for level 3 to equal the "30 Days". But if you search the threads through here, many have found success doing it 5-6 times a week with a rest day. Do what works for you and with what you are able to stick with. Some people have taken longer than the 30 days because they wanted to make sure they could do all the exercises with less modification, before moving onto the next level. I myself like to do this video Mon-Friday (sometimes Saturday) and take Sunday as an active rest day with walking, hiking or cycling. Like I said, do what works for you and for what you are comfortable with. These workouts are more or less full body workouts, not limited to upper body, lower body rotation. She does have other videos that incorporate that type of workout system, if that's what you're looking for. Hope this helps.
  • GettingFit5551
    GettingFit5551 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have done all three levels and have completed them, but for variety I just mix in the levels with other workouts. I will do level 1 one day, level 2 the next and then level 3 just so I don't get bored. I will also do other workouts in between such as aerobics or walking for variety. If you do them regularly, and not even necessarily every day, you will see a stronger, more fit body. Good luck to you!
  • staceyracette1985
    Options
    I think doing it every other day is a good idea, personally. Those workouts are HARD to me. Once you (or should I say I) get used to the intensity then I would do it as recommended.
  • kathryn2130
    kathryn2130 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • kathryn2130
    kathryn2130 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will take all these tips and work them in. Really appreciate it.
  • sausageparty1985
    sausageparty1985 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    U dont need to work on a different muscle group with shred iyswim because u work the whole body in small.amounts ur not working each of the muscle groups to exhaustion. I hope that makes sence. If u were doing 40 mins of arms then u need to rest that muscke group nut 20 mins of everything means u dont spend enough time on each group to need the rest. Its fine to do everyday u won't injure urself but 1 rest day a weeks a good idea just for mental exhaustion
  • JayByrd9751
    JayByrd9751 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have done both 30 day shred & ripped in 30 on rotation. I have upgraded to Total Body Shred and stream shorter workouts when I feel I have more to give. I personally love Jillian workouts. They are fast paced and keep you moving. I've gifted Total Body to my niece and she dropped 30lbs and toned up after the birth of her 2nd child. If you're willing to put the work in, you will loose & tone.
    My advice would be stick with the program, gi be it a chance as it is intended. It's not easy but working out shouldn't be easy if you're expecting results.
  • Dinow
    Dinow Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 30 day shred
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    I worked out 6 days a week and on Sundays it was my rest day. So it took a little more than 30 days for me but I was stronger and I could see a difference. I loved it.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    I have done the 30 DS a few times, each time I committed to 30 consecutive days - its a good programme especially for those just starting working on their fitness ...there would be nothing wrong with a rest day or two during it.