Everyone is trying to build a booty, I'm trying to lose mine, am I alone in this?

Options
I see all over social media and at the gym these women that are literally building their butts from scratch, and it's awesome to see. But I'm 5'1 and naturally bottom heavy, which only got worse after having kids. I'm trying to shrink my butt and thighs while everyone is trying to gain butts and thighs. I know pear shaped women should work upper body to even it out to get that hourglass figure, but my genetics are so bad that just smelling a bagel gives me another inch on each thigh and 2 around the booty. Am i alone in this endeavor to try to shrink at least some of of butt and thighs? Anyone have success doing so?

Replies

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    No, you’re not alone. I never had to inclination to make my booty bigger. For 30 something years before the big butt craze I got compliments on my butt quite regularly from men and women alike. Bubble butt or perky butt was usually the description. My goal when I’m working out is not to enlarge it or shrink it, but to keep the nasty hand of gravity from making it drop to the back of my knees, or not to flatten out.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I am not looking for a bigger booty, just a more lifted less squishy one if not for a lack of better words to describe it. I carry most body fat it seems from the lower waist to upper thighs as I am sure a lot of women do.

eta this was of no concern during my weight loss, I am now just tweaking body composition and if it gets better fine if not its okay too.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    My SO thinks I'm crazy and loves it, but I've been trying to get rid of mine for years. I joke about finding a good surgeon to get rid of mine :D I don't want it anymore, but it's genetics. I don't even want to build any muscle back there, I just want it gone. Unfortunately as I'm losing weight my waist is getting smaller everyday and it's even more noticeable! It's a losing battle. From what I've read about petite pear shaped women like us, if you keep reducing your butt and thighs your chest will shrink to a training bra. So, I've decided that I'll invest in some good Victoria's Secret bras and settle for size 8 non-stretchy pants and won't lose anymore weight when I reach that size. I'm currently a size 2/4 for dresses, tops and 8/10 for pants. I started my weight loss at size 12.
  • kgb6days
    kgb6days Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I'm not interested in a big bootie - I don't like the look or feel of it. I've always thought a lean athletic build was much more attractive and desirable. I WOULD like to stretch my legs about 2" (I'm 5'2")
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    I don't want a bigger booty. I want a nicer one.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I sometimes feel I am the only one who doesn't care what their butt looks like.
    Not trying to grow or shrink it particularly. I suppose I think more about my belly area.
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I’m wanting to lift and firm mine- it has become a lumpy pancake butt and I’m over it
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Lost two inches on my glutes but it's firm so I'm okay with that.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I don't want a bigger booty. I want a nicer one.

This.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Never before MFP have I heard women wanting bigger butts! Even a lot of elite athletes complain their butts are too big lol!
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Snap, I am very pear shaped, booty and stomach, need to get them both down!
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I’ve been told by booty enthusiasts my backside is especially pleasing. But all I know is my waist is usually about 13 inches smaller than my hip measurement and I’m short. So what I see in the mirror seems ridiculous.

Since I can’t change my body type, I’m going with it. Thus, I have been working on my glutes specifically for the past month. I can’t exactly see my backside, but my swimsuit does seem looser on the bottom (tho that could just be overall weight loss).
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    The “big booty trend” is more about muscle than size. We want them round, strong and not saggy and jiggly. My hips/butt/thighs are not where I want them to be. I am working on losing weight while lifting heavy. I may not be gaining actual muscle(because of my deficit), but I am trying my best to keep what I have and keep it strong. The muscle is there, the shape is there, I just have to uncover it. So all in all, it is really the sam goal that you and social media are sharing.

Nobody wants swim bottoms that sag(witnessed every time I go on a beach vacay). Squats are your friend!
  • Agent_Freckles
    Agent_Freckles Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My butt used to be pretty big too. It seems like it was the first thing to go, though. If I could've chosen the first thing to go, I probably would've chosen my arms or thighs instead.
  • Sunnybrooke99
    Sunnybrooke99 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I’m a stripper and losing some of my booty is the negative to firming up elsewhere. I personally don’t care much. It’s fine either way, but the customers like them round and soft. I have enough muscle under mine, that it doesn’t sag when I gain a little fat, but I can’t stand it on my belly and thighs. I hit a breaking point at 22 BMI, and my fat distribution gets out of hand. Wish it would stay where I want it!