Church Events

Options
We had a Rally at Church for the kids last night when I got home later then normal I forgot to log my calories and exercises. I caught it when I woke today. My question is I have seen many not log in for a while and then when they do the MFP app starts their logging back to day 1. I was wondering how many days do you have to be out of MFP app for that to happen? I am trying not to let that happen and I normally chance it before I miss the log- in time. Thank you taking the time out to help me.

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Did you log into MFP at all yesterday? If so, your logging streak hasn't been broken. You could log into MFP daily for months at a time and not log an ounce of food or drink and still keep the streak (I know, I did that. Not very effective for weight loss :/ ).

If your logging streak is broken because you didn't log in at all, you can have it reset (or at least you used to be able to do that.) Perhaps someone else can provide info regarding resetting your streak. Or search the FAQs or other help functions.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I lost my 250+ streak once. Not sure how many days i was off. I swear it was only like 1 day i forgot. BUT i went on a 2 day vacation and didnt log in, And somehow didnt lose my streak. I think somewhere in that timeframe they added in a buffer. 1-2 days hasnt made me lose my streak since. I wouldnt quote me its just my experience iv been confused but happy about it. Sometimes life just gets in the way and you dont have computer access lol
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i had a 600? 700 some odd streak. it means nothing to me. the weight loss is what means something
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    The streak actually has zero to do with logging food in your diary. It’s based on you logging onto the website or the app for the day.

Or just being your internet on on your phone...
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,676 Member
    Options
    My husband and I go camping and backpacking from time to time, with no internet access, so I get to start over each and every time. I know I started MFP about a year ago, and that's good enough. It's just a little discouraging to see "logged in 5 days in a row!"
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    failure to log in for a day, resets the counter. Logging in can I believe include just checking in the forums as well, not necessarily entering food
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Everyone for your help. It does mean something to see how many days I have logged in. It is the first time in my life I have stuck with something (around 2 1/2 years)

I understand.

If you go to the app, then "More", your streak count is at the top right.

If you have lost your streak, go here:

https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login_counter_reset_request
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Cynthiamr2015 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Why is my counter off? I can't get my days back and for some reason the app. wasn't recording my info
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    If you tried resetting it on the app and it didn't work, try it on a computer: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login-counter-reset-request
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options

This is my little secret, actually a little cheating to avoid a re-set, if I am planning to be away for awhile
    If I know that I will be out for several days without internet access or interest in logging, I pre-log “something” or some fake meal for the days that I know I will be out. I can change or delete the entries when I get back home.
    Or just pre-log coffee or tea for breakfast and PM snack, and you will keep the system happy, and don’t lose so many logging days.
    The only drawback is that you need to remember to do it before you go on vacation.
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Options
    I have move so I only have my cellphone to record my daily entries. It was showing at my end that I had logged in so I don't know what happened. All I do know is I have been doing this scene 2015 so because of the holidays I am thinking that is why it's not fixed yet.
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Options
    The reset hasn't been working since last week.
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    If you tried resetting it on the app and it didn't work, try it on a computer: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/login-counter-reset-request

I don't have a pc that is working
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »

I don't have a pc that is working

Do you have any device at all on which you can use a web browser to get to MFP?
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Options
    I have my cellphone that is where I do my logins. I have been trying to reset for over a week using my cellphone. My connection is good so I don't know why I can't reset.
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Options
    What is a BBC code in my post?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,200 Member
    Options
    What is a BBC code in my post?

Nothing to be concerned about. BBCode is a way to add certain kinds of formatting to the text you might put in a message like this. If you just want to type in plain text or use the formatting options right above the comment entry box, there's no need even to think about BBCode. You can maybe think of it as a thing techies might like, but regular people who aren't techies can ignore.
  • Cynthiamr2015
    Options
    My sons a IT guy is that close. 😁