Tracking Calories

Options
When you guys enter your foods - Do you enter the calories of the oils if you cooked it in oil? Ex) drizzling olive oil over asparagus before you bake it or using it to grease the pan so your eggs don't stick

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Oil has calories. The food absorbs some of the oil. So yes I do.
  • sympha01
    sympha01 Posts: 942 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Of course I do. Oil adds a lot of calories. Not tracking those calories would be counterproductive to counting calories at all.

ETA: I don't count spray oil. I spray very sparingly. It has calories, but I would be SHOCKED if I thought I was spraying on enough to add even 20 calories per day. My diet can handle 20 untracked calories.

But when I use oil from a bottle, I weigh the bottle before and after and count the difference.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    When you guys enter your foods - Do you enter the calories of the oils if you cooked it in oil? Ex) drizzling olive oil over asparagus before you bake it or using it to grease the pan so your eggs don't stick

Yep
  • VoodooChile76
    VoodooChile76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Correct.. as mentioned, I try to be as accurate as possible to reflect the calorie count. Can be challenging at times though!
  • PB4Lyfe
    PB4Lyfe Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    definitely. 100 calories of olive oil looks like a very small amount when you pour it out.. that little drizzle is probably adding a couple of hundred calories to your meal, and that's enough to throw your numbers out
  • tess5036
    tess5036 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    Yes, always