Just starting and want advice to make the program work..

Options
I see we can calculate our daily foods and activities.. is there a way to be proactive and make meal plans in this program?

Replies

• tracymegan
    tracymegan Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Yes, you can make recipes too. You can even log ahead, then make changes if you make any changes
  • suermcgmailcommfp
    Options
    so you just create the meals a day ahead and then if you dont follow you update it?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    My "meal plan" consists of two days of food that I use during the week - one for training days, another for non training days. I pre log, and only change it when I want different food.

I pre log my weekends in the morning when we've decided what we'll be doing for dinner

I don't make recipes very often, I just copy food from one day to another.
  • Aint2Proud2Meg
    Aint2Proud2Meg Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes make 30 or so meals ahead of time and freeze them to keep myself from being tempted. First I save the recipes in mfp (which are components of the meals), then I put meals together (as in literally, and I enter the ingredients for the meal into mfp).
    When I grab one out of my freezer, I go to the meals tab and log the one I'm about to have. To me it's the best of both worlds because it's pre-made and ready to log but I still can decide whether I want the taco bowl/curry/stir-fry etc based on what sounds appetizing.
    Sometimes I log them ahead of time but not often.