Left over calories

Options
The best time for me to excercise is around 7pm. After I log my excercise, I end up with left over calories. Am I suppose to use those calories? Today I have 235 calories and it is 9pm. I don't really want to eat now.

Replies

• mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I like a little snack after exercise.
    Maybe you could just have a piece of fruit?
  • wonnder1
    wonnder1 Posts: 460
    Options
    Spoon of peanut butter. Exercise calories are verrrry controversial on here. Some do, some don't. Personally, I eat them most of the time.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    It might be a good idea to have a little snack after exercising. But in the future, you could pre-log what you plan to do for your exercise, so you know how many calories you'll have total for the day and can space them out better for you.
  • cclark1203
    cclark1203 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I logged my planned minimum exercise at the beginning of the day and work those calories into my day. If for some reason I am unable to exercise I then just have a small dinner with the calories I have left.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    1oz of nuts is anywhere from 160-180 calories. Enjoy!
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    PEANUT BUTTAAA
  • dmaciejewski
    dmaciejewski Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was told to eat carbs before exercise for energy, and protein after to. Hold muscle.
  • Andrea_Alexis_1980
    Andrea_Alexis_1980 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I never eat the calories that i burned during my exercise , There is pretty much no point to working out then if your gonna eat them back.... For me to lose the weight i want to lose i'm aloud 2200 calories a day not including my workout calories i always make sure to leave at least 800 or 1000 or my 2200 daily calories... I find this helps me lose so far i lost 40lbs =)
  • Sooznine
    Sooznine Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i generally don't worry about 200-300 "leftover" calories.... i actually lose more weight if that's where i end up most days.
  • rinnismom
    rinnismom Posts: 190
    Options
    i'm a newbie and i'm glad you asked this. i went swimming today and, though i had set what i was going to be having for dinner and factored in having a few extra calories to eat, i was amazed to see that i had so many left! i certainly don't want to eat them. i was hoping that it was alright that i could leave them floating around in the abyss with all my rejected snack-cake dreams. i agree with the lady that feels there's no reason to eat what we spend time burning off, but that's just me. i've tried watching my calories before. i felt suffocated and confused on what was what. i figured that losing weight shouldn't be that confusing...... wait, should i be rambling elsewhere?

great post!
  • gottatry4me
    Options
    Thanks guys! It gets very confusing when you are trying to lose weight. I know you want to burn more calories than you take in, but I have also heard that you can get in trouble if you don't eat enough calories. I guess I will try one way and if that doesn't work, i will try the other!:ohwell:
  • pp67
    pp67 Posts: 26
    Options
    You need a calorie deficit to lose weight.