Hello from Oregon

Options
Hello everyone,

I have come to this forum for support from others with the same problems as I do. I am 43 years old and weighed 332lbs on my 43rd birthday in July. I fall in the morbidly obese category. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. I have a family history of Type 2 diabetes and I am borderline now. My doctor has told me I will die at a young age if I don’t loose weight. I have 4 sons and a loving wife who I would like to spend a whole lot more time with. I do not want to use some fad diet or surgery. I want to develop a lifestyle I can live with the rest of my life. My goal is to lose 2 lbs a week until July 11, 2012. I will then be near my goal weight of 190 pounds. I am very motivated and want to succeed this time. I have tried several other weight loss plans before but once I end them I gain all the weight back. This time I want to exercise and eat right. I have been using MFP for a while now and love the ability to track food and exercise. Plus I enjoy reading the forums and feel motivation from the MFP community. One of my goals is to climb a mountain near by called South Sister. My best friend climbs to the top every year. The summit is at 10,363 ft. I told him I was going to lose 100lbs and climb it with him. On Memorial Day 2009, my Father passed away from heart failure and complications from diabetes. He was 74 years old and was heavy his whole life. I want to enjoy life and not allow food and laziness rule my life. I am looking for support and motivation from others. Thanks in advance.

Or-Pingman (Scott)

Replies

• fateschild
    fateschild Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Glad that you found this site. It seems to be the right place for you. I am also a fellow NWster. I live in the Puget sound area.
  • orpingman
    orpingman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love Puget Sound and the entire area. If you look at my photo it was taken last year at a Mariners game at Safeco Field.
  • 16mixingbowls
    16mixingbowls Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I believe you will have more support if you declare you allegiance to either the Beavs or the Ducks:) (Haha I'm neither. I went to PSU.)

Good luck on MFP! The best thing I can say about this site is the removed guilt I have associated with food. This site allows me to eat and be justified about it; and each bite tastes soooooo much better.

Read through the success stories and look at peoples' weight tickers. There are so many regular people who have had amazing results. You can have the same astounding success. Here's to a sunny day at South Sister!
  • orpingman
    orpingman Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    My heart belongs to the Boise State Broncos. :)