Hey guys, looking for good pure carbs to hit my max calorie intake

Ayo_s97
Ayo_s97 Posts: 12 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi guys currently trying to lose weight on an aprox. 2247Kcal intake.
Breakdown goal is:
Carbs 30% (162g)
Fat 30% (71g)
Protein 40% (225g)

I'm in my meal planning stage but need to take in 26g more grams of carbs, but am over my fat gram limit by 8g and protein gram limit by 4g.

ALL help is appreciated! Much love!

Replies

• Ayo_s97
    Wow great, thanks GrumpyHead!

I've just updated my post with the numbers, still think it's alright?!
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited October 2017
    You do not need to hit those numbers exactly my friend. You seem to be doing alright.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Bread. Cereal.

Agreed though, that's hella high protein, are you The Hulk?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    Noel_57 wrote: »
    Nothing gooder or purer than a Snickers bar. :p

True story.

Esp the almond Snickers.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    Holy moly that IS a lot of protein.

How come so much, @Ayo_s97 ?
  • Ayo_s97
    Thanks guys!! Going to try my best and stick to this diet starting tuesday and will update you on my results with starting and finishing weight, number of cheat days(hopefully none ahaha) and no. of cardio sessions in a months time!!! Wish me all the best! :D
  • lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    I agree with others that there is no need to eat all of your carb limit. I would only eat it if you are hungry. A medium banana has 27g carbs. Add some extra veggies or a couple pieces of fruit.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    If you want just carbs, fruit juice or Sour Patch Kids are easy.
  • Ayo_s97
    edited October 2017
    Just seen all of the extra replies, thanks guys! The 'Are you the Hulk' comment really cracked me up ahahaha!! And taking the extra protein because I weigh 95KG and am taking a bit over than 2g per kg of bodyweight. Overall, I'm trying to change my body composition from more fat on my body to more lean muscle and less fat. Basically trying to get a summer body through weight training(+ cardio)*** and diet, in a way I can eventually maintain through my diet, a diet that includes foods I like (hopefully reducing the chance of me falling off), for the longg term.

If you guys still think that's a bit too much protein don't be afraid to let me know! :)
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Someone wiser than me will know the exact amount but I think your body can only process a certain amount of protein.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,208 Member
    Ayo_s97 wrote: »
    If you guys still think that's a bit too much protein don't be afraid to let me know! :)

You can reach your goals with 20% of calories from protein if you wanted to. :+1:

• lady_bug_jd
    lady_bug_jd Posts: 221 Member
    I read this yesterday on this site http://www.acaloriecounter.com/diet/how-much-protein-per-day/

I don't know enough about it but based on this guide 2grams per kg might be high.

Recommended Amount Of Protein Per Day For Different Situations & Goals

Person, Situation & Goals Ideal Daily Protein Intake

Average healthy sedentary adult (male or female) that does NOT work out or have any related goals. Considered to be a good minimum daily protein intake for general health/function - 0.5-0.7 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Average healthy adult (male or female) that is doing some form of exercise regularly or is trying to improve their body (lose fat, build muscle, etc.). This is the minimum I’d recommend in this case. - 0.8-1 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Average healthy adult FEMALE whose primary goal is building muscle, getting “toned,” maintaining muscle while losing fat, increasing strength or improving performance - 1-1.2 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

Average healthy adult MALE whose primary goal is building muscle, getting “toned,” maintaining muscle while losing fat, increasing strength or improving performance - 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight.

(When in doubt, the old standby recommendation of “1 gram of protein per pound of body weight” which has been around the fitness world for decades is a fine middle-of-the-road protein intake for most people.)
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Only cardio? Because that's going to do nothing for body composition.
  • misnomer1
    misnomer1 Posts: 646 Member
    edited October 2017
    If you have to spend money on protein supplements to get to 225gm i would say you could reduce your cost and eat at about 200gm, otherwise seems fine to me. Anything above 170gm should be fine imo.
  • sgtx81
    sgtx81 Posts: 466 Member
    edited October 2017
    Unless you have a lot of lean body mass and/or are into bodybuilding that is a whole lot of protein to be eating. If you are looking to lose weight a caloric deficit from what you would need to maintain your current weight and a 5% to 10% carbs, 70% to 75% fats, and 20% to 25% macro ratio is a good way to go.

At least that is true in my case. I'm losing more than a pound every couple of days, but only because the number of calories I would need to eat to maintain my weight is crazy high. The weight loss will slow down as the gap closes between what I am eating and what I need to hold my weight.

That macro ratio keeps me from having food cravings, which is making weight loss as easy as breathing with only 10 minutes of exercise a day and that's only to burn an extra 100 - 140 calories. Once I have lost a good bit of weight, I will start increasing my exercise.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    I am not going to weigh in on the protein discussion. Want to point out that depending on your goals, you do not need to pay attention to carbs.
    Fat and protein count.
    Carbs do not matter much one way or another -- go over or under -- does not matter.
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    OP, fruit is carb-y without fat (unless it's an avocado) and an insignificant amount of protein.
  • Ayo_s97
    Hey guys!! Currently revised my dietary intake to the following, let me know what you think!
    Breakdown of goal is:
    Carbs(37%) - 136g
    Protein(33%) - 121g
    Fat(30%) - 48g

Total calorie intake per day is roughly 1460kcal - 1466kcal.

Is this edit plan more sensible than my previously proposed diet plan?