Any Volunteers to Kick My Butt?

Mom2Kev
Mom2Kev Posts: 5 Member
edited October 2017 in Motivation and Support
Poor choices on Wednesday turned into overeating of crap on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Now it's weigh-in day, and I can't bring myself to step on the scale. As of last week I had lost 38 pounds. Now it seems the only thing I've lost is my motivation. I know the logic: it's one set-back, I've worked too hard to quit, etc., but it's like I'm frozen. I need a butt kicking stat! Help?

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Get on the scales, don't get on the scales... doesn't matter, just get back to your deficit.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,517 Member
    I'm not a fan of the kita.

You don't say specifically, did you stop tracking?
    If you did stop, WI is irrelevant because you've already abandoned the process.

Not tracking is a separate issue from making bad food picks with too many or too big portions. Everybody can track there good days. Tracking works when it tracks good, bad and ugly.

Go back to what you were doing when it was working and summon some determination to finish the job. As to this episode, nobody's perfect.
  • lili200
    lili200 Posts: 200 Member
    Did I have a good eating behaviors yesterday? The scale is a dummy, show your self love and compassion
    The acLe is just a tool, it’s not you
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Jump in the scales. Get back on ittoday before you really regret not doing this
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    edited October 2017
    Here’s a good swift kick for you. You say you lost your motivation. That’s not true and you know it. What is motivation anyway? You think it’s some magic state of being where you can easily accomplish your goals? Sorry, Charlie, that’s not how it works. You can’t motivate yourself and no one else can motivate you either. What you can do is make decisions. Decide to drink water. Decide to not eat that piece of cake. Decide to work toward being healthy. It’s all just one decision after another and you can make those decisions correctly whether you feel particularly motivated or not. Saying you aren’t motivated is your excuse to not be an adult about this. “Oh, look everyone, I’m failing but it isn’t my fault! Wah-wah-wah!” You start now by deciding to always make adult decisions about your food, your drink, your exercise, and your health. No, you won’t be perfect at it but you will never again let one bad decision be a gateway for days and days of more bad decisions because you will also decide right now to never again let that happen.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Jump in the scales. Get back on ittoday before you really regret not doing this

Agreed. One day of crappy eating is nothing if you get back to healthy habits. Even a week of crappy eating....Don't let months slide by and before you realize you've gained 25 pounds. Speaking from experience here.
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Here's a post from five years ago about motivation that is finally starting to sink in with me. Just passing it along.

• repaciale
    repaciale Posts: 1 Member
    Sometimes you need bad days, just get back on track, simple.