Taller Tall Girls

Options
elsham
elsham Posts: 549 Member
So I bought a pair of 4 and a quarter inch heels recently and wore them out, and got a comment about how it was too much. I'm a tiny bit over 5'8", so I was almost 6 feet tall, way taller than mostly everyone around me, including pretty much every guy. It's not the first time I wore something so high, but it never really bothered me until that stupid comment.

Anyway, I'm never going to stop wearing high heels, regardless of what people think, but now I'm just curious...

Guys, do you think it's too much for a tall girl to wear heel (going out and just for everyday), is it a turn on/turn off/whatever kind of thing at first sight and why, and
girls, what do you think when you see something like that?

Personally, I loveee it. It really makes me conscious of my posture and body language, and when I see other girls in high heels it always screams CONFIDENCE to me for some reason...

Replies

• DarthCeltic
    DarthCeltic Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Heels and stockings.... yes please!
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! I have heard this before plenty of times as I am also a tall 5'8" woman and proud of it :love: I usually stick to about a 3-3.5 but I do have a few "special occasion" heels that are 4 and the way I figure, it makes it that much easier to see at a glance which men in the room are tall enough for me LOL

Also most men I know, unless they are reeeally short, love a woman in heels...you ever notice how much straighter a woman stands, how much perkier her butt looks and leaner her legs look in high heels? Lets face it, there's a reason strippers wear them :laugh:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5'' so basically 5 foot 9 inches and besides the fact that my feet are super manly and wide so most heels don't fit. Plus they are really flat footed so I am better in flats.

I wear some high heeled boots sometimes which I think are cute but I still think its too much. Maybe its because my husband is 5'5'' and its traditional in my family for the women to be smaller? I just personally hate sticking out like a sore thumb and looking down upon everyone. I take full advantage of being tall and still being able to pull off flats or other cute shoes. BUT if I see _someone else_ tall doing it and they dress well then I think it's perfectly acceptable. I personally won't but I also don't take a second glance at a 6 foot tall person unless they look out landish. So yeah for me its a few factors that play into it.... 1. Makes me standing next to my husband not so great. 2. Very impractical for me physically. 3. I hate sticking out!
  • Jennjenn1974
    Jennjenn1974 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'0 and I wear up to 3" heels. I love it and have never gotten any complaints :wink:
  • Jenunie
    Jenunie Posts: 6
    Options
    Oh my goodness girly, I'm 5'9 and I love wearing heels out. I have like 5 inch heels that i love and i think my favorite wedges are basically 6inches. I say, if you wanna wear em wear em. If youre confident in yourself, who cares what other people think. My friends were like, wtf in the beginning, but theyre use to it now.
    :smile:
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and LOVE heels...I actually feel incredibly powerful and feminine in them :drinker:
  • kjpollard
    Options
    well, I'm 6'1", so the I only have 2 or 3 pairs of heels...the ones I wear the most are red and I wore them in my 6'6"brother's wedding. :) My husband is exactly my height, and while I made SURE I wasn't taller than him in our wedding, he doesn't care at all if I am taller than him when I go out. I probably have a bigger issue w/ it. LOL...

I don't wear them a lot b/c I'm kinda klutzy, and any more distance b/t me and the ground is just that much further I'm gonna fall. LOL

I have to say, if I could find a comfortable pair, I wouldn't have an issue at all wearing them.
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Hooray to all the tall women in heels. As a guy who is 6'3, I love not having to look down at the ladies.:flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    Hooray to all the tall women in heels. As a guy who is 6'3, I love not having to look down at the ladies.:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Yeah. I wish my husband was taller and I'd wear them more lol. Being 3 inches taller then him makes a huge difference. My dad is 6'2'' so he loves tall women in heels.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my hubby is 5'5". It bothers him when I wear heals. So I do not when we go out together. Other than that I wear heals at work all the time. I love how I feel when I wear heals. I'm not going to stop.
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options

oh Ryan jumps in on this, lol
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and I ADORE wearing heels. They make me feel sexy as hell. Usually the guys I know are a BIG fan no matter how tall/short they are. I wish I was naturally at least 5'10, I love being as tall as possible!
  • nurse_carolyn
    Options
    heels are friggin sexy !!
  • elsham
    elsham Posts: 549 Member
    Options

oh Ryan jumps in on this, lol

yea, only him and like 1 other guy I think. I was hoping for more input from guys! WHERE ARE YOU when I need you?!

Either way, thanks for all the input. I think the comment made to me was purposely made to offend, but I wasn't going to let it pull me down (to the ground? HAHAH I think that line has corny joke written all over it. Get it?). After reading all this I think I'll go buy some more hahaha (although I really do hate shoe shopping).
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    lol why WOULDN'T you want to be taller than all the females. Every guy I know likes a taller femme over a short one

Plus you can see everything going on around you :P
  • Emma422
    Emma422 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    omg i get that ur too tall whenever i wear heels too! it annoys me! i'm 5'8 also & i love to wear heels ! i mean they make my legs look amazing :D i don't think that just cause girls like us are taller means we can't rock and awesome pair of loubitons or pumps of any brand :bigsmile:
  • LovelySophiya
    Options
    Wow, I wear nothing but heel, i own like maybe 2 pairs of flats. I don't give a crap who thinks i'm too tall I love looking good and feeling good about myself, anyone who tells you different are called HATERS...

I think any woman who is tall and wear's heels more power to us :) I'm about 5'9 and wear 3-4in heels .......

sucks all my BF's were short ahahha
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I guess Im the oddball! Im 5 11 and feel like an amazon woman when I wear heels. Im not a really girly girl though so I dont have much use for heels.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I have 5 and 6 inchers I wear when I'm in the mood. I've never gotten any complaints and I don't think it looks unattractive when I see other tall women in them.
  • AJay513
    AJay513 Posts: 187
    Options
    I'm almost 5'11" and I LOVE wearing my 3" heels. I stand up nice & straight & feel super confident! Confidence+being tall = eye catching. Sure it limits which guys want to date me but who cares. Wouldnt give it up for anything! There are certainly men out there who love us tall ladies ;)