starting to lose the baby weight

Options
Hi everyone, i've only just started with MFP and am finding it very useful, i've already recommended it to some of my friends. i have ,in my opinion, a lot of weight to lose. i'm 94 kg (eeeek) and 160cm short. my BMI is 37 so i have a looong way to go! I have type 2 diabetes which was diagnosed in march 2011. My grandfather died at 64 from 3 massive strokes and i don't want to die that young or like that. I have 2 beautiful boys and a fab hubby. I'm open to fitness and diet suggestions and esp diabetic recipes!
please feel free to add me as a friend!

Replies

• jessik980
    jessik980 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just had a baby in March and need to drop about 70 more pounds! Good luck!!
  • Katetully
    Options
    Hi there- I am trying to lose baby weight as well. I find it very hard. My daughter is almost 3 (October) and I am still struggling with 10-12 lbs depending upon the day. I am here for you. Good luck!
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I'm a type 2 diabetic too but I do eat some complex carbs. I don't have a particular diet nor receipe but I avoid sugars, processed foods and refined carbs at all costs. Dark chocolate is also good but only do it occassionally and don't eat the whole bar. Also I don't eat more than 1/2 portion of ripe mango or 3 pcs. of grapes. Eat more veggies too. We can still eat anything we like but in smaller portions.