Hair tip for those with long hair

HeatherYevette
HeatherYevette Posts: 56 Member
edited September 30 in Fitness and Exercise
I normally HATE dealing with my long hair when it's time to exercise. Having tailbone length hair means I have to braid it to keep it from tangling and use hair ties that pull, sag and fall out. Then when I'm hot, tired and sweaty I have to take it all down just to get in the shower. Pain in the rear, I tell ya.

Anyone with long hair feels my pain. Hair ties just don't like to stay in and getting them out usually rips some hair. I found these clips by Goody and I'm in love! They are called Goody Custom Fit and they are all plastic with no metal parts to snag or tear your hair up. So far they have not slipped during any of my cardio. They are designed to fit fine to thick hair with an adjustable 'click' fit.

They are a breeze to undo when I want to hop in the shower and for my extra long hair I put one in at the nape of my neck like a ponytail, then I twist the rest and fold it over a couple of times and clip a second one over all the hair, above the first clip. Holds like a rock!

Hope you consider trying these clips!

http://a1061.g.akamai.net/7/1061/5412/home/www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/04145702173_450x450_a.jpg

Replies

• Thanks for the tip,i think this is exactly what i needed.
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    AHh yes! I have long hair as well, And I feel like no matter how many hair ties I use, If I run or jump or...move! My hair ends up coming loose and its just a pain to keep fixing it. Ill have to check these out, Thanks for sharing :)
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Hmm I've never seen those before. They look pretty neat.

For me the only thing that works is a nicely coiled bun and bent knitting needle to hold it. I have hair to the bottom of my butt and part of it is that the hair needs to be coiled very tightly so that it could hold on it's own. That's the only thing that works. Sadly when i was playing volleyball in high school I couldn't have pointy things in my hair so I had to use an elastic and that didn't work at all...
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Thank you so much Heather for sharing this! I am SO VERY TIRED of spending money on so many clips that don't hold or hurt! I am going to buy one of these tomorrow!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    thaaaanks! my hair is a 2-3 inches from my butt soo yea, I often put it on the top of my head in a bun and it's annoying.
  • I can't get the link to work. :ohwell:
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    bump
  • KatherineSLim
    KatherineSLim Posts: 18 Member
    Thanks for the tip - I'll have to keep an eye out for those... I'm tired of nearly falling off the treadmill when I try to fix my ponytail!!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Will check it out. I have super long, and crazy thick, hair too.
  • stc74
    stc74 Posts: 297 Member
    thanks, i'm going to check on that for my daughter. she's got hair like that.
  • HeatherYevette
    I can't get the link to work. :ohwell:

http://a1061.g.akamai.net/7/1061/5412/home/www.walgreens.com/dbimagecache/04145702173_450x450_a.jpg

Is this better? In the original post it looks like some of the code wasn't showing up?

Edit: It looks the same for this post too, darn. I can still highlight the line and the copy paste it into another browser tab to see the link though.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    I just went to walgreens.com and searched the site for goody custom fit. It came up right away.
  • HeatherYevette
    I just went to walgreens.com and searched the site for goody custom fit. It came up right away.

Be sure you try the ones that have no metal in them. Those are the ones I was talking about :)
  • deftodie
    deftodie Posts: 19 Member
    I don't have the patience you ladies do... chop chop and away it goes! lol
This discussion has been closed.