Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Kimchi, sauerkraut and stuffed cabbage.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Cabbage with Keilbasa: cut cabbage and throw into crock pot, throw in onion, brown keilbasa and add it to the crockpot, fry up 1 piece of bacon and add it to the crockpot with the grease, makes like 20 260 calorie servings
    Sounds fantastic! Can't wait to try it!
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Add to stir fry, salads. Cabbage rolls.
    I'm not fond of cabbage soup but it is an option.
    Look on pinterest to get more cabbage ideas.

I absolutely love cabbage in soup! As well as in stir fry, and salads.cabbage rolls are too much work-- unless you've got an easy recipe?
    I don't know what is too much work but here is a slow cooker recipe.
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/20045/cabbage-rolls-ii/
  • beaglady
    beaglady Posts: 1,362 Member
    Options
    The other day hubby made steamed cabbage with apples and ham cooked together. It was delicious.
  • maryannprt
    maryannprt Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Cabbage with Keilbasa: cut cabbage and throw into crock pot, throw in onion, brown keilbasa and add it to the crockpot, fry up 1 piece of bacon and add it to the crockpot with the grease, makes like 20 260 calorie servings

I absolutely love cabbage in soup! As well as in stir fry, and salads.cabbage rolls are too much work-- unless you've got an easy recipe?

Try taking your recipe for cabbage rolls and deconstructing them. All the yummy but a lot less work. Brown your meat, onion, garlic etc. Chop the cabbage and throw it all in a casserole dish with your rice, tomato etc. Cover and bake for maybe 90 min. Using my recipe it was about 225 cal for a generous serving.
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    maryannprt wrote: »

Try taking your recipe for cabbage rolls and deconstructing them. All the yummy but a lot less work. Brown your meat, onion, garlic etc. Chop the cabbage and throw it all in a casserole dish with your rice, tomato etc. Cover and bake for maybe 90 min. Using my recipe it was about 225 cal for a generous serving.

My dad has always done them that way. He calls them 'Exploded Cabbage Rolls'.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I love cabbage! Many of my favorite dishes have cabbage.

Borscht
    Cabbage rolls
    Bigos
    Or even this simple and easy braised cabbage with butter, potatoes, and mushrooms that mom makes when lazy and has shredded cabbage on hand.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    Also corned beef and cabbage. :)
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Great ideas, thanks everyone!
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with a piece of chicken and coleslaw...or 1/4 # lean hamburger and coleslaw? We eat a lot of coleslaw. I make the dressing using light mayo, Greek yogurt, wine vinegar, horseradish, Stevia, salt, & pepper. Nobody ever notices it is a light dressing and loves it.
  • xvolution
    xvolution Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    How about cabbage stew? Just throw cabbage into a pot of water, add whatever spices and vegetables you want and boil until the cabbage is tender. Mom's go to veggies are onions and a couple jalapeños to impart a little heat.
  • iamthemotherofdogs
    iamthemotherofdogs Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I've been wanting to try oven roasted cabbage steaks.
  • ottermotorcycle
    ottermotorcycle Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    Cabbage is sooo easy. I just steam it and season it with salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast (grated parmesan would work too).