Food Scale at work ....

I am underestimating my portions and trying to weigh stuff at home. But I have cereals , snacks at work where I just graze all day ..Just wondering Does any one have a food scale at work ???.

Replies

• LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    I do! Sometimes my colleagues look at me like I'm nuts, but I don't give a crap.
  • brendanwhite84
    brendanwhite84 Posts: 220 Member
    I've never brought it to work but I wouldn't hesitate to do so. Your coworkers would have to be pretty big dillweeds to concern themselves with that.

Alternatively, I buy snacks at a bulk food store near work and at least from this place the weight of food I bought is recorded on the receipt with reasonable precision.
  • MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    edited October 2017
    I have a mini digital food scale in my purse that I bought from Amazon and a food scale at work that I bought from Target. My colleagues laugh at me every time I pull it out to use it :D I'm losing the weight and loving it.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    I've considered it mostly for going out to eat(for fries mostly :) ), but never actually gotten one. I generally pre portion snacks I bring to work so I know what i'm eating.
  • Bianca42
    Bianca42 Posts: 310 Member
    I measure everything at home and bring just what I'm going to be eating that day. If I bring a week's worth of something I tend to overeat it.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Yep, I bought a mini one online and use it at work all the time! Someone just brought around mini cupcakes, I scanned the nutrition info on the package then weighed my cake. I only had a small bite because they weren't that good, so I weighed what was left and credited my calorie entry. Totally worth getting 60 calories back! :D And my co-workers have clearly gotten used to me scanning and weighing everything.
  • zindroth
    zindroth Posts: 334 Member
    My BF gifted me a portable scale that is the size of my hand. I keep it in my purse at all times. I use it when we go for sushi, Boston Pizza, you name it. I got weird looks at first, but then ppl got used to it. My thought is that I am working on me, if other ppl want to judge, then that is on them. I am making progress towards MY goals.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I have a mini digital food scale in my purse that I bought from Amazon and a food scale at work that I bought from Target. My colleagues laugh at me every time I pull it out to use it :D I'm losing the weight and loving it.

Me too
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    No, I pack my breakfast and lunch and snacks at home and bring them to work already portioned out. I'm not a grazer though...never really understood that whole thing...
  • Hecka_Rebecca
    Hecka_Rebecca Posts: 50 Member
    Alternatively, I buy snacks at a bulk food store near work and at least from this place the weight of food I bought is recorded on the receipt with reasonable precision.

How did I go so long without doing this?

It's a bit of planning, but I usually just portion things out at home, and then use a dry erase marker to write how much it weighs on the container.
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    I do. I didn't for awhile, but I started seeing that it would help. I also don't keep full bags of things in my desk. Portioned out at home first. I am a grazer too - and that's a no no.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    There was a story about a lady who had one at the airport. She ordered like four different entrees at the airport restaurant, pulled out her scale, and wrote everything down using a pen and paper.

The MFPer who posted about her was in awe and I'm pretty sure they had a pretty awesome conversation.

She was definitely the winner of "who eats most and loses" that day.

TL DR: it's an awesome ice breaker, and it's not that weird.