Fell of the wagon

Options
Well I'm back at MFP, I've had success here in the past, so going back to what I know works. I've been on a fitness path for about 2 years. I've lost and been active and really never imagined I'd fall into old habits. However last couple months I've taken a wrong turn, a series of one after the other events put me back to the old me and now I've gained for the first time in 2 years.. 15 lbs. Ugh. I'm seeking motivation to get me back on track so I don't slip so far away I'll never get rebound. I'm amazed that knowing all I know and preaching my stuff to everyone that would listen, that I find myself in self sabotage mode.

Replies

• Spartan1230
    Spartan1230 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Well I'm back at MFP, I've had success here in the past, so going back to what I know works. I've been on a fitness path for about 2 years. I've lost and been active and really never imagined I'd fall into old habits. However last couple months I've taken a wrong turn, a series of one after the other events put me back to the old me and now I've gained for the first time in 2 years.. 15 lbs. Ugh. I'm seeking motivation to get me back on track so I don't slip so far away I'll never get rebound. I'm amazed that knowing all I know and preaching my stuff to everyone that would listen, that I find myself in self sabotage mode.

I hear you! I’ve done the same. But the good thing is you recognized it and are back to the grind. Motivation is key! You got this!
  • gregepperson2
    gregepperson2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    1000 mile journey begins with one step. I have done something similar by hitting it too hard on the weekends. After separating in July I decided I was going to give up on the 12 oz curls. I went cold turkey for about 2 months; felt wonderful. Then a relationship hiccup sent me back to looking for a watering hole on the weekends. That, and the fact that it was a chance to socialize versus staring at the four walls in my apartment. I'm not much on advice. I suggest to not beat yourself up, find your motivation within. You know what to do, you are the only thing stopping you.
  • HungryRC
    HungryRC Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can do it!