Mindset change - NSV

Options
My first post, but thought I had something worth sharing.

I've lost almost 40kg to date and still have a way to go before I'm where I need to be. And that's even before I start long term maintenance.

I started tracking calories via MFP several months ago and it's really helped me to feel like I'm no longer dieting. I'm just eating and living a healthier lifestyle. On many days, I think I'm eating more than I used to, just eating lower calorie foods that fill me up. I'm still running a significant calorie deficit according to my plan, but starting to slowly increase my calorie intake.

A couple of days ago, I was looking at my daily food diary on MFP and I said to my wife, "You know, when I reach my goal weight I'm going to have an extra 800 calories a day on what I'm having now. How am I EVER going to eat that many extra calories in a day, every day?"

My wonderful wife immediately told me to repeat exactly what I'd just said, because I'd obviously said it without really thinking about it. As I did, the tears welled in my eyes because I realised that the most important thing that's changed hasn't been my diet or my exercise routines but my mindset. My routines, which once were torturous, are now habit and I don't doubt myself any more...

Replies

• maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful story! Once your mindset changes, the rest is history.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    wow... so cool
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Man, you are SO spot on. The best thing -- the absolute best thing -- I'm getting from this journey is how I think so completely different about food now.

From buying easy and convenient boxed/canned/processed foods to being a regular at farmers markets ... from practically living on fast food to scoping out restaurants and planning my meal before I go out now ... from how I used to cook with loads of butter and salt to not adding either to anything anymore, really: my mindset has done a 180, and I couldn't be happier.

Congrats on your new and improved mindset, and all you've accomplished so far. We SO rock. :) Forward we go!!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Well said :smile:

I think you got it :drinker:
  • DizzieLizzie779
    Options
    That is awesome. :wink:
  • picturesing
    Options
    I have tears in my eyes....you are totally spot on! I try to share this concept with others....but you just don't get it until - you get it! Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Wonderful story. Thanks for sharing.
  • Leigh_D
    Leigh_D Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    RIGHT ON! :happy:
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    great nsv:flowerforyou:
  • amberx0578
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing the other day...I'll have an additional 600+ calories after I reach my goal. Congrats on your NSV.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!