Looking for low carb friends!

Options
Looking for some low carb buddies. I'm just starting back and need some friends to keep me motivated!

Replies

• prowe80
    prowe80 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello!! Been low carb since September 18th 12 lbs so far!! Feel so much better ,more energy!!
  • jmommy2008
    jmommy2008 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We started low carb in july. It's been great! I've lost 20 lbs on this diet! I think alot of it tho was giving up regular sodas. Lol. But change of lifestyle has definitely helped. It's coming off slowly now but slow is better than not at all lol. And if I could just get more exercise lol. Add me if you'd like. Good luck on your journey you'll do great!!
  • Aqualang26
    Aqualang26 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Been keto for 2.5 months and couldn't be happier! Love the mutual support aspect of MFP - anyone doing low carb, feel free to add me!
  • ptrcmcc6
    ptrcmcc6 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica........feel free to add me, also. I started (again) doing low carb on 9/12/17. So far I'm down 9.5 lbs and I'm starting to feel a lot more energetic. Last time (before falling off the l/c wagon) I lost close to 50 lbs. I was a lot younger then so this time it's talking a little longer to come off. It's all good though as long as it's coming off.....lol. Patty
  • Goddess3814
    Goddess3814 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello I was hoping to find low carb friends also.
  • storks_cafe
    storks_cafe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi. Looking for friends also. Just started keto today.
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I’ve been doing low carb and calorie counting for about 3 weeks so far. Lost 7.6 in those 3 weeks.
  • tammatha1
    tammatha1 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LCHF here myself. Down 20+ and feeling motivated. Just started adding exercise to the routine today and adjusting macros. Add me. Would love to connect with other like minded individuals that love this WOE
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    What does "low carb" mean to you? I mean, what's your approximate daily carb intake?
  • storks_cafe
    storks_cafe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It’s about 40 g per day.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.
    i try to always aim under 20
  • DivineLotus
    DivineLotus Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I try to! It depends on what’s going on in my life; how active I am and how many carbs I eat. I lose really well eating low carb, but I have braces (as an adult :neutral: ) so right now ,y teeth hurt and I may not be able to stick to it today. If your looking for someone who’s non-judge mental and loves to see tips and tricks then add me :smile: I love to see other diaries because my sugar, salt, fat etc are always too high when I low carb
  • tayusuki
    tayusuki Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Meee! I've been low carb, always looking for more friends. :)
  • mgotto1997
    mgotto1997 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Low Carb since July and down 36 lbs. love this app.
  • 76Crane76
    76Crane76 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Finishing up week #1 of keto and I love it! I'm logging daily and sharing info as I learn! Feel free to add me.
  • verybusybee
    verybusybee Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Keto folks. I am starting full throttle on Nov. 1 but for the next few days I am reading labels and trying to do as much as I can for low carb. I had an Oh Yeah drink this morning and need some help. The drink contained 6gm of carbs but 3gm of dietary fiber so if I have researched correctly on keto this would be 3gm of carb correct? Second if I am right is there a way on MFP to only count the net carbs or do you have to do that in your head?
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I've covered the spectrum from low carb - keto - zero carb over the past 20 months; currently on keto and probably back to zero carb starting Jan. Just mention something in your friend request so I know where you found me.
  • Yadagoy
    Yadagoy Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I need to do low carb to control blood sugars. Motivation needed.
  • mktom29
    mktom29 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I am down! :)
    Feel free to add me.
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    It’s about 40 g per day.

Thank you for your reply. Very interesting. My DH was recently diagnosed with diabetes and his doctor referred us to see an RD who recommended that in order to control his diabetes and to lose the weight, his daily carb intake should be 45-60 g of carbs per meal and he should eat 4 meals per day. That's 180-240 grams of carbs per day. The RD was very credentialed. I'm just trying to reconcile the info we received from the RD with the intake of 20-40 g per day that a lot of low carb people follow. Are most of you planning to follow 20-40 g for the rest of your lives or are you going to systematically increase your carb intake after you reach your goal weight?