What running app do you use?

Options
I currently use the Nike run app but it does not sync with this what is a good alternative that syncs with this app?

Replies

• MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Personally I'd recommend Strava, Endomondo or Runkeeper

I've used all three in the past, but now use a Garmin.
  • ritzvin
    ritzvin Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Endomondo or Strava, assuming they sync with MFP.
  • GhostOfPhillip
    GhostOfPhillip Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Awesome thank you!
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Runkepper, with the only thing I don’t like being the constant ads to upgrade to the overpriced paid version
  • ritzvin
    Options
    For the 2 I recommended:
    Endomondo - I like this one for the custom-generated training plans & the personal best over time (both premium features I think)
    Strava- this is nice for group runs (it'll show everyone else on your run who is also on Strava, and you can watch a Flyby of the group afterward) and if you like to gauge your progress (and compare to others) on segments.

(I use a Garmin watch and both of the above auto-pull the data from Garmin servers to be able to review later.)
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Garmin Connect.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Strava is my go-to when I'm not using my garmin.
  • VoodooChile76
    VoodooChile76 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Used to be an endomundo junkie, now I use my garmin forerunner 320..
  • TrueGrit1906
    TrueGrit1906 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Strava
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    Wahoo fitness app (with HRM) for running, ellipticating, treadmill, hiking, and open water swimming (phone in tow buoy). RideWithGps for cycling.
  • ritzvin
    Options
    Wahoo fitness app (with HRM) for running, ellipticating, treadmill, hiking, and open water swimming (phone in tow buoy). RideWithGps for cycling.

I use RideWithGPS's site a lot for pre-planning the courses for my rides and runs. And I love their grade versus speed plots for post-analyzing how I did on hill rides.
  • fizziofinn
    fizziofinn Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use garmin connect but it seems to have stopped automatically syncing with my fitness pal. Anyway i can do it manually or get it to start doing it again?
  • Lizzinc
    Lizzinc Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't actually run fast yet, but I'm about halfway through the C25K program. I've been using mapmyrun. It works well for me and syncs with MFP because it's a UA product as well. It also works well in conjunction with Pandora, which is what I use for my music. I'm open. To any and all suggestions though if it will help me improve.
  • SashaQ1381
    SashaQ1381 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am just here commenting to save for later. I do not have any running apps to recommend as I myself have only just started running. And boy, it is something I must 'learn to love'.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I use MapMyRun. I was using Strava and I tested both apps (Strava and MapMyRun) a couple times and for some reason Strava gave me more calories burned (Distance and pace were similar), and since I initially started to run to lose weight I decided to take the conservative approach and went with MapMyRun. I wonder if the calorie difference was just a glitch, but I stayed with MapMyRun.
  • halfmill1
    halfmill1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I currently use the Nike run app but it does not sync with this what is a good alternative that syncs with this app?
    My Nike run does sync with mfp
  • ritzvin
    Options
    ABabilonia wrote: »
    I use MapMyRun. I was using Strava and I tested both apps (Strava and MapMyRun) a couple times and for some reason Strava gave me more calories burned (Distance and pace were similar), and since I initially started to run to lose weight I decided to take the conservative approach and went with MapMyRun. I wonder if the calorie difference was just a glitch, but I stayed with MapMyRun.

Strava estimates more calories burned than Garmin for me as well off the same data.