Creating a Meal

Options
Can anyone help me with how to create a complete meal , instead of having to enter every food each time.

Replies

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    (This advice is for the web version; if you're using an app, say which one and hopefully someone will come along who uses that app and can advise):

After you've logged the meal the first time, click on "quick tools" below that meal and select "remember meal." It will then allow you to give the meal a name.

In the future, when you want to log that same meal, click on "add food" for the meal in your diary where you want to log it, click on "remember meal," then select the "my meals" tab, find the meal and add it. It will add all the foods as individual items (unlike the recipe feature, which logs just the recipe name), so if you need to adjust an amount or delete something that you didn't include this time, etc., you can make those changes. It won't change the foods in the remembered meal unless you use the "quick tools" function again and, after selecting "remember meal," select "replace existing meal" instead of giving it a new name.

I use this feature for things like oatmeal & add-ins, smoothies, salads, etc. at home and for meals at fast-food and fast-casual places where you customize your order by selecting the components -- those meals include all the options I generally use for those meals, and it's much faster to delete the ones I didn't use that time, and adjust amounts, than it is to search the database and verify entries for a half-dozen or more different items.
  • edzigler
    edzigler Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone ... all the info has helped