Morning exercise

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions on some morning exercises I can do that won't exhaust me too hard but will have me feeling awake and ready for the day? I normally just do some leg stretches in bed. (I can't touch my toes yet... trying to get there haha)

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yoga?
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Taichi, yoga, and half hour walks. Also, YouTube is your new best friend. Copy and paste the title of this thread into the search bar.
  • fjpatten
    fjpatten Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    My morning workouts are always intense and last at least an hour. Rather than tire me out I find they get me pumped for the day! If the same isn't true for you then maybe a walk or swimming might be better. Are you looking for cardio or strength training?
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    60dq47fc7d5b.jpg
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    I do yoga in the mornings.
  • NebularNeko
    NebularNeko Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I think working out still tires me out easily because I have never been very active. Even as a child I never played sports or anything like that. I'll have to give yoga a try ☺️ I just need to get a yoga mat or something... my floor is all tile. That 30 day challenge doesn't look bad either! I just have absolutely no idea what my physical limits are because I have never really done anything like this.
    I like to do cardio and weight lifting at night. There is a public park in my town that has a few machines that allow you to lift a very small amount of weight (still pretty heavy for me after a while lol) or you can sit in the chair side and lift yourself. I also walk around the park once, which is a whole mile and it's a lot of uphill with some downhill. I hope to one day be able to jog and/or run at least two of the laps... lol
  • NebularNeko
    NebularNeko Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Also, I'm a bit embarrass to say this, but I can't even do a real push up yet :I That is how out of shape I am.. lol
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,995 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    You don't have to exercise in the morning if you prefer to exercise in the afternoon or evenings.
  • dlm7507
    dlm7507 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Do your pushups against a wall -> against the kitchen counter -> against a bench -> on your knees -> standard pushup.