Tomorrow’s diary

Options
Could someone who knows about nutrition take a look at my food diary for tomorrow.

I’m starting tomorrow and don’t know what I’m doing

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    What are your statistics and goals? Why are you aiming for 1200 calories?

Breakfast and lunch are very very small.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    Definitely eat MORE. Less than 1,200 calories is not sustainable and can lead to health issues and binges down the line. I'd add more food to your lunch. Even a couple more cups of soup would help.
  • katherineleggett
    katherineleggett Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I’ve put on over a stone and I’m looking to lose it. What would you advise I have to bulk up my meals. I’m scared of eating bread
  • katherineleggett
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    Definitely eat MORE. Less than 1,200 calories is not sustainable and can lead to health issues and binges down the line. I'd add more food to your lunch. Even a couple more cups of soup would help.

I’ve not added too much and I know I’ll snack. So it will go up.
  • aeloine
    Options

I’ve put on over a stone and I’m looking to lose it. What would you advise I have to bulk up my meals. I’m scared of eating bread

Bread is not the enemy, but it can add extra calories quickly. If you're afraid of bread, eat oatmeal or higher fiber alternatives. They help you feel full. Vegetables help, too.

How did you come up with 1200 calories as your goal? If you're only looking to lose a stone, you should really be aiming to lose about a pound a week, which should give you a LOT of calories back. Use MFP's suggested calories, use a food scale for all solids and measuring cups for all liquids, and maintain a deficit.

Don't be afraid of food and set realistic goals.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options

There’s nothing scary about bread. Have whatever foods will fit into your goals. As others have said, 1200 calories is aggressive. You’ll probably be better off aiming for a deficit of .5-1 pound a week.
  • katherineleggett
    Options
    I’m worried cause I work 13 hour shifts and I have ever intention to exercise but I’m just too tired
  • aeloine
    Options
    I’m worried cause I work 13 hour shifts and I have ever intention to exercise but I’m just too tired

You don't have to exercise, just eat at a deficit.
  • CatinSydney
    CatinSydney Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    We don't know the weight or height of Katherine do we? For some of us 1200 calories is all we can have per day, even if only losing .5lbs per week. So saying it's aggressive is not helpful. The only way I get to eat more each day is by exercising and not eating back all the calories (if I want to lose).
  • katherineleggett
    Options
    We don't know the weight or height of Katherine do we? For some of us 1200 calories is all we can have per day, even if only losing .5lbs per week. So saying it's aggressive is not helpful. The only way I get to eat more each day is by exercising and not eating back all the calories (if I want to lose).

I’m 5 ft and 9.5 stone :(
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    i need to put my patient pants on too..
  • CatinSydney
    CatinSydney Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I think you are probably at about the right calories. I am only a little taller than you and my reality is that I can only eat 1200 calories per day. Even when I reach maintenance I will still be at 1200, but maybe I can eat more of my exercise calories back (but it will be trial and error). The only suggestion is maybe have more at lunch time, but if you are busy at work this may not be an issue for you. All the best with your weight loss, just stick with it!!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options

I’m 5 ft and 9.5 stone :(

1200 calories is not going allow you to lose 2 pounds a week. This is the minimum MFP gave you to lose weight at a slower rate (around .5ish) due to your height and current weight.

I see a lot of entries on your diary using 100 grams.. Are you going to weigh your food intake using a food scale?