Weight loss and moving to a new place..

Options
desnyder210
desnyder210 Posts: 23 Member
edited October 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
So I just started my journey And so far I've been pretty successful losing 6 lbs. But I'll be moving to a new place here very soon. And I'm scared that not having my same routine and same hours will throw me off a bit. Anybody have any good suggestions on how to cope with this? I'll be moving in with my boyfriend and he is very very supportive but it'll still be a stressful change at least until we get settled.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Just keep logging and trying to stick to your calorie allowance. If you take a week or two to settle into the new routine, so be it, it's only temporary and a couple of weeks out of your whole lifetime is like a drop in the ocean.
  • FlowerPower8579
    FlowerPower8579 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    First of all, GO YOU! 6 lbs is an achievement in itself. What you described above happened to me! I moved and just stopped, had a rest but before I knew it I was back where I started. The excuses started to flood my brain 'I'm tired' 'I'll do it tomorrow' don't let it happen to you!!! It will be so worth having a plan- if you stick to it, reward yourself- go for walks, explore, find out new places to visit! Wishing you all the will power! You got this
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    My tip is to be very careful with your weighing and logging. It's very easy when you're living and cooking with a man to slip into eating the same portion sizes as him. It happened to me and the result was a slow 15lb gain.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i moved 5 times in the past 3 years (not through financial irresponsibility - was due for caring for ailing grandparents, their death, my divorce, and me buying a new house this summer lol). anyways, it can be hard because of the change in routine. The most important thing is not to beat yourself up if the scale starts to fluctuate weirdly, and to keep to the habits that work - weighing your food, tracking calories, being active, etc. i had so much stress with ALL of my moves that i really didnt gain, but it would have been easy to.