Buying smaller clothes

Options
Do you ever do this as a goal? I bought a dress two sizes smaller today that is a body con style and in bright yellow! For me that is my strength training motivation. I want to be able to rock that dress in a few months!

I bought a pair of jeans 3 months ago that only now just fit properly (although I didn't intentionally buy them smaller) and it feels amazing to be able to wear them now!

How about you guys?

Does it help you?

Replies

• Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That must've felt like such an achievement when they went on easily!

I bought smaller clothes recently as I'd been making do with things that were far too big....it was surreal having to get things that were 2/3 sizes smaller than usual.

I also have clothes from the past that were too small. I've been enjoying trying them on as time has passed & it's amazing when they become too large or fit perfectly. Don't think my brain has quite caught up to what I'm doing yet so it's a real boost of confidence.
  • celiah909
    celiah909 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of jeans that are my goal. I fit into them 2 years ago & they looked amazing. I’ll wear them again. Good luck!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    That shirt in my picture fit me that day. Today, it doesn't fit. Yes, I find that having those two smaller shirts in my closet are a motivation for me to get back to a lower weight.
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    When I picked out a dress for my sister's wedding I decided to buy two dresses, one the size that fit me at that time and one a size smaller. I figured I was 60 days out so I could return the one that didn't fit right before the wedding. Yesterday, I went back to the store and returned both dresses and bought another dress even one more size smaller. It was an awesome feeling.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    About halfway into my 80 pound loss I purchased a cute dress and a bikini that were both too small. I hung them in my closet where I could visibly see it daily and I continuously told myself "one day, one day..."

Not only did I eventually get into both, but now they are both way too big.

Doing this definitely helped me to stay focus when I was losing and to keep working hard. I even try them on from time to time to remember how far I have come. :)
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    I don't think it would have worked for me to buy smaller sizes, I waited until my clothes were loose and then enjoyed shopping for the next size down.
    But if you think it motivates you then go for it.
  • Snrussell09
    Snrussell09 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I do this but I don't buy them to where they completely don't fit, I buy like a size or so smaller so they're kind of tight or not so comfortable. This serves as a reminder to keep at it, a goal, a reward once they start to finally fit comfortably and then obviously a reminder of the progress.

Like stated above, big believer in rewarding with clothes. I'm not even all that fashionable but it works!
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    I do this!!! It helps me, but to each their own.
  • Brittfitt16
    Brittfitt16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I have tried it a few time and some of these items are still in my closet! I stopped buying clothes I wish I could into and started focusing on clothing that compliments my body. That was a big change for me! To dress with confidence instead of hiding under giant shirts and cardigans. Although they are so comfortable! I still tend to wear flowy boho clothing haha. I do hope to rock some of the bodycon dresses that are still sitting in my closet!