New to myfitnesspal

Options
Greetings fitnesspal

It's time for me to get serious about my health and Im ready. wishing you all great results and blessings. Let's get fit, toned and healthy.

Replies

• spenceramcleod
    spenceramcleod Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm new as well! I started exactly one week ago.

Now, for reference.... I'm WAY out of shape compared to what I once was. Back in my Marine Corps days, I was about 190 pounds and could run 3 miles in 17.5 minutes. Last week I weighed in at 263.6 pounds and I attempted to run a 5k (3.15 miles), and it took me nearly 28 minutes.

In the last week I've stuck pretty religiously to the calories myfitnesspal has allowed me (I said I wanted to lose 2 pounds per week), I've made sure to get in at least some kind of workout daily (usually push-ups, burpees, or just running a mile).... and I'm already down 11.7 pounds! I keep expecting the rapid weight loss to taper off, and I'm sure it will soon, but it hasn't yet.

Good luck to you in your journey! I've found that just being aware of how much I'm actually putting into my face and adding a couple of small workout goals in with it has made a tremendous difference already. Losing the weight is great and all, but it's amazing that despite eating much less food, I just have so much energy again!
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Good luck to both of you!
  • adamglasby1995
    adamglasby1995 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I’m new as well! Been in and out of the gym for about a year but gonna give it a proper go. I’m currently 18 stone 10lb which is a lot but aiming for 17 stone by Christmas! Good luck to all
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck everyone!