Need motivation!!!

Options
I desperately need friends that can help motivate me. I don’t really have anyone to lean on for support so I feel alone in this weight loss / healthy living process. I have struggled with my weight for years and I am currently looking into getting the weight loss surgery. But I need help with my snacking habits and motivation to go and workout.

Replies

• ColinHigginsUK
    ColinHigginsUK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. Trying to get any excercise done is proving difficult with my work life. I often come home and just can’t be bothered. One tip I got was when you get home don’t sit down. Either go for a brisk 20 minute walk. Or do some house or garden work. 20 minutes of exercise a day that gets your heart going is a great start and what most doctors recommend. Also if you can get a gym buddy be it virtual as in an online buddy. Or real, then you can help encourage each other. How many calories have you eaten, what exercise have you done. Have you tried this and so forth. Doing a little can help a lot over time. And hopefully help you avoid the surgery root. I’ve only just started myself so I’m hoping these tips will help me also.
  • ColinHigginsUK
    ColinHigginsUK Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Ps. If you want a virtual support buddy let me know. We can help each other. :)
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Do you know how weight is regulated - calories in/out? Or do you just struggle with overeating? If you want to stop snacking, I suggest building a better, regular meal schedule. Make sure you make room for food you like, while also aiming for good nutrition.
  • leelee8433
    leelee8433 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi ! Came across your post and I'm in the same boat ! New to this and need support friends! I've had success before but then it all came back so thought this might help me be more successful? Idk if your interested hit me back ! Good luck !
  • kierrakins
    kierrakins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Weight loss is so very hard when you don't have any one on the journey with you. When I started eating healthier and trying to lose weight, it felt like everywhere I looked, people were eating snacks and sugary junk food, and I wanted to give up. It takes so much will power and dedication to power through. I'm still struggling with weight fluctuating because I don't stay motivated. Make a list of realistic goals. Every time you reach a goal, reward yourself. For me, my goals are like: stay within your calorie limit for 10 days in a row = small reward, drink enough water everyday for a week = small reward, lose 5 lbs = reward, work out 3 times this week = reward. Rewards can be: eat some low calorie ice cream, buy a new pair of shoes, go to the movies, buy some cute work out clothes, bake a low calorie dessert, take a bubble bath etc. Small goals add up with time and can help you form good habits.

Feel free to add me as a friends for support, I don't have any on MFP lol